Designer, RLX Outerwear
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
At Ralph Lauren, we unite and inspire the communities within our company as well as those in which we serve by amplifying voices and perspectives to create a culture of belonging, ensuring inclusion, and fairness for all. We foster a culture of inclusion through: Talent, Education & Communication, Employee Groups and Celebration.
To assist the Head of MRLX Outerwear and Rough wear in designing desirable, innovative and quality garments that meet the RLX Ralph Lauren aesthetic. Coordinate daily flow of information between design to merchandising, production, technical design, and sourcing office or factories. Partner with extended team such as concept, design leads, PD, merchandising, fabric, technical design, graphic/prints, trim and production to gather all information needed
CalendarInclude but not limited to:
- Participate with team to achieve all design calendar deadlines and milestones.
- Create & Input all design details into the tech pack and thoroughly check before reviewing with the Head Of Design.
- Update changes to design details in tech packs when designs change.
- Participate in the preparation of all design meetings with teams to adhere to calendar dates
- Participate in fittings to review proto or stock fit sample prior to fittings & communicate what needs to be achieved on the silhouette.
- Participate in all weekly WIP meetings.
- Troubleshoot & anticipate meeting conflicts & cancellations in order to maintain weekly design milestones.
- Maintain organization of reference garments, inspiration samples, and actual size of garment copies.
- Execute development and upkeep of seasonal design boards and line paginations. Create seasonal delivery snapshots for seasonal and historical reference.
- Maintain and update all seasonal design binders & board of materials – organize them for easy reference
- Assist Director in presentation set-up
- Transport design presentations to meeting spaces
- Learn RL aesthetics/principals with an eye for detail and quality execution for proto, sales samples, and production.
- Consistent proactivity in finding new inspiration research of silhouette, fit, fabric, trim, and styling and present to the Head of Design.
- Shop domestically for creative inspiration (new and vintage) for market-right seasonal development within budget allocations.
- Participate in the Head of Design presentations and aim for them to be inspirational, clear, and focused with a goal for design approvals.
- Participate with the Head of Design in the execution of sales sample details to ensure the highest quality aesthetic according to Ralph Lauren.
- Bring in new & innovative ideas for trim development within budget allocations.
- Adhere to standards of communication and teamwork.
- Promote collaboration within cross-functional teams & build strong relationships with extended teams – Technical Design, Fabric, PD, Production, Merchandising Print/Pattern, Graphics, Trim, Concept teams, PR, Copywriters, & other category design teams
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in Design with an Outerwear focus (performance outerwear experience is plus)
- Strong communication and cross-functional team collaboration skills; ability to work closely with Technical Design, Raw Materials, and Merchandising Teams, as well as Sourcing Offices
- Knowledge of PLM, Illustrator/photoshop/XD is required
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge proffered
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Embodies the CFAs of the RL Brand