DESIGNER-SOFT GOODS/MEN'S LEATHER ACCESSORIES
Randa Apparel & Accessories is one of the world’s leading fashion clothing and accessories companies, spanning 11 countries, with a portfolio of 30 brands including Levi’s, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Dickies and over 100 years of industry leadership. From the #1 dress pant brand in North America to the #1 belt and wallet, RAA produces exceptional products and services worldwide, delighting customers and making partners successful.
Position OverviewRanda Apparel & Accessories is one of the world’s leading fashion clothing and accessories companies, spanning 11 countries, with a portfolio of 30 brands including Levi’s, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Dickies and over 100 years of industry leadership. From the #1 dress pant brand in North America to the #1 belt and wallet, RAA produces exceptional products and services worldwide, delighting customers and making partners successful.
Position OverviewWe are currently seeking an Accessories Designer in the soft goods division to join our corporate design & merchandising team based out of our Rosemont IL or New York City offices.
Essential Role FunctionsMaintains an awareness of current design trends, influences and stays up to date on competitor research.
Designs and creates trend boards and collateral materials for both internal , licensors, and customer presentations.
Develops new materials, constructions and hardware for the brand of responsibility.
Collaborates with licensors, merchandising and design team by communicating, presenting, and explaining ideas internally.
Designs collections that meet brand direction as well as company initiatives and market needs. Guides the development process from research to technical development to market presentation.
Creates detailed technical drawings and specs for factory partners.
Conducts follow up of product design process to include preparation of tech packs, sample requests, Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) processes, communications with overseas factories, etc.
Achieves set goals with attention to detail, tracking progress & anticipating potential issues., and manages design calendar deadlines
Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Industrial Design, Fashion Design or equivalent degree/experience
- 0-5 years design experience in a fashion design or industrial design field.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Well versed in the use of various other software’s such as Microsoft office, Excel, PowerPoint…
- Works well in a team setting co-working on projects.
- Clear and strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (25% - 30%), previous experience traveling overseas is a plus.
- Must able to receive, lift, open and unpack boxes containing product samples
- Proficiency of 3D software’s such as CLO3D, Rhino 3D, Fusion 360 or equivalent.
- Knowledge of pattern making.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign.
- Experience in designing and developing fashion accessories.
- Knowledge of YuniquePLM – Gerber Technology
- Competitive base salary.
- Three weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment.
- Hybrid remote and in-house schedule.
- Company provided life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid parental leave.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance options with low employee contributions.
- Commuter benefit plan.
- Optional supplemental life insurance, pet insurance, and accident & critical illness insurance offered at a group discount rate.
- Unlimited access to our award-winning online fitness, and wellness program.
- A great place to work, fast-paced, with terrific career growth growth.