Designer, Walmart Private Label
Client Overview:One of the world’s leaders in the design, development and sourcing of consumer goods. Headquartered in London, with offices throughout Europe and the USA, our client provides a diverse and dynamic range of private label products across apparel, footwear, accessories, beauty, and many other divisions.
Position Overview:The Designer executes the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by creating and executing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
- Research and identify trend directions; create concept/mood boards, analyze collections, shop stores; perform competitive analysis; pull and review fabrics, design concepts, presentation decks for market meetings
- Identify and design key items with a strong brand identity
- Execute development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment and cost structure
- Develop concepts for special design projects to expand categories into new areas or customers.
- Categories including women’s bottoms
- Guide and mentor direct reports
- Work with tech team to ensure proper fit and end use
- Work with Cad Designers to develop original textile and embroidery designs
- Design according to style plans, sales needs and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar
- Create Illustrator sketches; review line sheets; develop tech packs
- Build 3-D bodies
- Source, select and review raw materials and trims ensure they are within price points
- Review styles with costing engineer to design into price points needed.
- Approve aesthetic and quality of print strike-offs, fabric and trims
- Coordinate follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including technical design, production and vendors; manager interoffice communication
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
- Creativity, and sensibility for merchandising; ability to sketch
- Technical capability, proficient understanding of construction and expression of fit.
- Extensive knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- A minimum of 5 years experience in womenswear apparel design
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products
- 3-D Browzwear a plus