Designer (Women - Knit or Flou)
PORTS is a global luxury group with four labels—PORTS 1961, Ports International, PortsPURE, and PORTS V. Inspired by travels to faraway places, the PORTS ensemble is designed for the urban wanderer who calls the world his or her home.
PORTS was founded in 1961 as a fashion house known for its minimalistic and elegant designs, creating a sophisticated professional wardrobe for the trailblazing women of the times. Entrenched with a global mindset, the brand is recognised for its use of rich textiles, attention to the perfect fit, and silhouettes that remain timeless with a modern twist. Today, the spirit of PORTS celebrates diversity, incorporating representation across age and culture into its style and presence.Job description
- Design and sketch in line with the concepts agreed.
- Develop specifications for preparing sample orders, electronic spec drawings & production drawings.
- Source fabric, trims, and accessories.
- Prepare presentation boards and accessory charts.
- Conduct market and trend research.
- Conduct occasional factory visits.
- Work with the Fabric team on Fabric research and selection.
- Work with Technician and Production team on sample fitting.
- Attend key product meetings and present the line to buyers.
- Assist in the DEVELOPMENT of the initial concept / final concept.
- Prepare Tech Pack, create Sample Order in BOS Design System and fill in / update Trim Chart and Line Sheet.
- Diploma or above in Fashion Design, Textile & Clothing or related discipline
- 5 years of relevant experience in fashion design with a focus on womenswear and knitwear
- Good fashion and market sense
- Creative, self-motivated, and a good team player
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadline
- Good PC skills