Vince Holding Corp. is a global contemporary group, consisting of three brands: Vince, Rebecca Taylor, and Parker. Vince, established in 2002, is a leading global luxury apparel and accessories brand best known for creating California-inspired elevated yet understated pieces for every day effortless style. Known for its range of luxury products, Vince offers women’s and men’s ready-to-wear and accessories through 50 full-price retail stores, 18 outlet stores, and its e-commerce site, vince.com as well as premium wholesale channels globally and through its subscription service, Unfold. Rebecca Taylor, founded in 1996 in New York City, is a high-end women’s contemporary lifestyle brand inspired by beauty in the everyday. The Rebecca Taylor collection is available at 10 full-price retail stores, 8 outlet stores and at rebeccataylor.com. You can also find Rebecca product in high-end department and specialty stores worldwide and through its subscription service. Parker, founded in 2008 in New York City, is a contemporary women’s fashion brand with high perceived value. The Parker collection is available at parkerny.com as well as high-end department and specialty stores worldwide. Vince Holding Corp. is headquartered in New York. Please visit www.vince.com for more information.
Vince is searching for talent to contribute to the future development of the brand who have passion, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit. As a company, we are committed to offering our employees a challenging and rewarding work environment, opportunities for growth and development, a customer focused culture, a community to “give-back”, and competitive pay and benefits.
THE POSITIONOrganizational StructureThe Designer, Women’s Sweaters reports directly to Director of Design, Women’s Sweaters.
- Conceptualize and create compelling, brand right Women’s Sweaters for all Seasonal Deliveries.
- Engage in all aspects of design such as sketching, swatch and quality development, and fitting from Development through to Production.
- Work closely with manger and cross-functional teams to build brand right product that supports Vince’s financial and merchandising strategies.
- Strong hand sketching and computer sketching skills, with a superior understanding of proportion.
- Identify key seasonal knitwear trends and drive all corresponding development with oversees vendors.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings with cross functional partners as needed.
- Engages with Tech Design and Production on fit intent and executes fit consistency.
- Performs additional duties and assignments, as requested.
- Follow up and coordinate all ongoing projects in order to meet stated deadlines.
- Have an entrepreneurial attitude to design.
- Must have worked with in Knitwear with a proven track record.
- College degree in Design
- Must have a minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in Sweater Design specially.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work in a team environment.
- Must have contemporary experience and have worked in a fast pace environment.
- Must have a collection based mind set and an understanding of the contemporary Knitwear business.
- Must be able to present to senior management with confidence and a point of view.
- Must have full working knowledge of Knitwear Industry.
- Must be detail oriented and a strong self-starter.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment of constant shifting priorities and change
- Must have excellent working knowledge of excel, Illustrator and Photoshop.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive compensation package which may include short and/or long term incentives, clothing allowance, and merchandise discount, in addition to base salary and full health and welfare benefits.
Vince, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Vince, LLC also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.