Designer, Women's Outerwear and Apparel
Client Overview:Our client is a manufacturer of women's apparel presenting the latest must-have collections for every trendsetter. Their fashion-forward, contemporary, and luxurious designs are applauded by top fashion editors and A-list celebrities alike.
Apparel Designer Overview:As the Apparel Designer, you will be responsible for researching inspiration, developing new apparel design concepts, sketching ideas, creating technical packages, and overseeing samples.
Apparel Designer Responsibilities:
- Oversee research and inspiration to create a cohesive concept each season, review emerging trends and shapes, and research local markets
- Develop flats and sketches for all designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision
- Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation
- Collaborate with other Apparel Designers and various cross-functional teams and maintain strong business relationships with external partners
- Lead sample review sessions, provide recommendations, note feedback, and update sketches as necessary
Apparel Designer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4+ years’ experience as an Apparel Designer
- Technical knowledge of fabrics, silhouettes, prints, colors, and trims
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- MUST be able to work on site 5 days a week