Designer, Women's RTW
Client Overview:One of the world’s leaders in the design, development and sourcing of consumer goods. Headquartered in London, with offices throughout Europe and the USA, our client provides a diverse and dynamic range of private label products across apparel, footwear, accessories, beauty, and many other divisions.
Position Overview:The Designer executes the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by creating and executing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
- Collaborate with Walmart on private label Fashion Elevated Brands
- Work with internal design team in researching, designing, and developing new styles for each season.
- Create beautiful Hand and CAD sketches with multiple color options
- Work with CAD team on prints, graphic artwork, and embellishment treatments
- Generate tech packs including specs, artwork size, and all detailed style information
- Create presentation decks including photoshopping prints and colors in garment photos.
- Handle daily production approvals of lab dips, strike-offs, fabric & trim qualities
- Work with technical designer to ensure proper fit & end use
- Ensure that product meets price point, tells a strong merchandising story and meets SKU requirements for the brand.
- Responsible for approval of sales samples to ensure garment is production-ready.
- Contribute positively to team dynamic & manage up where necessary
- Team player – cultivate productive relationships with cross-functional teams
- College degree in Fashion with 3 plus years of apparel design experience is a must
- Strong knowledge of fabrications in all categories & technical details
- Computer savvy with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Excel
- Ability to take direction, multitask, work well in a fast-paced environment