Designer - Women's Sweaters
This is a unique and exciting time to join Express. Since launching our EXPRESSway Forward strategy in 2020, we have been steadily advancing a transformation from being known as a store in the mall to a brand with a purpose, powered by a styling community. We believe that clothes can serve a higher purpose to make people look the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel, and our Express brand purpose –We Create Confidence & Inspire Self-Expression– speaks to the role our brand can play in their lives. In 2021, we introduced our innovative Community Commerce program, inviting brand fans and style enthusiasts to take their passion for fashion to the next level by working with us.
Today, we are building, activating and amplifying the Express styling community, and we invite you to join us. Our culture is defined by three values –Express Yourself, Express Together, Express Success– and every associate at every level in every department is an important part of our transformation and our future.
For more information about Express, Inc. please visit www.express.com.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to maximize business.
- Utilize trend intelligence, current and historical business to design and deliver a balanced assortment of fashion key items & fashion must-haves.
- Build trend ideas and create new opportunities in the business
- Responsible for managing the entire design process for assigned product category.
- Partners with team on yarns and patterns.
- Translates seasonal concept into fully articulated line with guidance from Design Director / VP Design.
- Work toward managing more than one category.
- Strong working relationships with cross functional team members throughcommunicationandproblem solving.
- Ability to influence partners.
- Oversee and assist junior designers in development of tech packs.
- Manage, motivate, and lead the development of junior designers.
- Ability to prioritize different types of work, for self and for associates/assistants.
- Present working sessions at milestone meetings.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design specializing in Knitwear
- Experience: 5+ years of full time professionalWomen's Sweater Designexperience
- Strong presentation skills
- Resourceful, flexible, and problem solver
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities independently
Salary Range: $101,200 - $152,500