Designer - YITTY
is looking for aDesigner – YITTY.How Do You Fit In?
will work with the Yitty team to initiate concepts each season that are fashion driven, reflective of the creative vision, always with a functional and performance lens, paired to the Yitty aesthetic. You will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will collaborate with talented designers and cross-functional partners in the business. The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic, collaborative, efficient, self-starter and team player with an entrepreneurial mind and strategic vision who is hungry for growth.
You will report to theSenior Design Director
and partner closely withMerchandising, Product Development, Production
You will havejunior designers
that you will mentor and guide.What You Will Do
- Keep current on emerging loungewear, life wear and apparel trends with technical/performance. Also, trends relating to fabrics, colors and silhouettes. Translate knowledge into multi-category products
- Contribute to the creation of inspiration boards including mood boards, color stories and sketch boards based on the market and our community to inform development of product
- Create designs of directed categories that support brand’s vision, line plans, assortment strategies, price points that are consistent with current market trends and monthly direction
- Partner with Product Developers and Vendors on raw material & trim sourcing, following throughout the design and development process, adhering to calendar deadlines and expectations at each milestone
- Identify new fabric needs that are focused, solution based and meaningful to the assortment
- Create design flats, tech packs and BOMs for overseas manufacturers to interpret sketches into prototypes
- Follow through with accuracy and thoroughness on designs, ensuring quality and consistency as it relates to fit, fabric and finish of approved design direction. Proactively communicate pertinent changes and updates internally and with our partnered factories where necessary
- Understand and consider costing of all garments at design and proto review stages, proactively escalating exceptions to design leads for review and approval
- Partner with Tech and Design team on Fit sessions, provide fit intent with brand standard in mind, from 1st proto to Pre-Production, for both Regular and Plus sizes
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with Merchandising, Production, Tech, R&D teams. Ability to be flexible on adopting new ways of working that will increase teamwork, efficiency and delivery of the right products in the right time
- Lead and coach assistant designers helping to grow their knowledge and skill sets
- 5-8+ years previous design experience
- Plus size experience a plus
- Proven track record of identifying trends and delivering results
- Must have technical and production knowledge
- Expert understanding of the marketplace, competitive set and branding
- Strong knowledge of garment construction, including pattern making, sewing and strong attention to detail and materials
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels
- Ability to be creative while working with a constant sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment with high output of on-trend styles and multiple deadlines
- Go getter attitude, resourceful and able to problem solve.
- Working knowledge of PLM, Microsoft PowerPoint, Office and Excel
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop is a must: create design flats, tech packs, line sheets
TechStyleOS is the globally integrated Operations and Services provider behind some of the fastest growing online fashion brands in history, including Fabletics, Savage X Fenty, JustFab, ShoeDazzle, and FabKids. With capabilities spanning technology, data science, supply chain management, fulfillment, customer service, and more, we help brands launch, scale and grow—across product categories and geographically. From predictive analytics to data-driven marketing and attribution, our unique approach is powered by our proprietary, end-to-end tech platform that enables the brands we serve to deliver a level of personalization, value, and satisfaction that are unrivaled in the fashion industry.
Fabletics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, compensate, develop, and promote regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable. At Fabletics, Inc., we champion a vibrant workplace culture that thrives on diversity law and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. We are one team from many backgrounds, innovating through diversity of individuals, who are driven by passion for creating an inclusive space for all. Fabletics, Inc. will continue to champion a workplace culture that prizes diversity and inclusivity.
We encourage you to apply regardless of meeting all qualifications and/or requirements.Please be aware that the Company requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and we will require all non-remote new hires working in our Los Angeles office to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. Currently, the Company considers you fully vaccinated 14 days after your second dose in a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or 14 days after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson). The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a disability, medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation upon active employment.In addition, due to how highly transmittable the Omicron variants is, we are currently requiring all non-remote employees to get a vaccine booster when eligible.