Development Sample Cutter
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
Join our Technical Development team in Castleford to play a vital role in cutting fabric components for new styles and bespoke projects. Utilise CAD/CAM, hand cutting, and quality inspections to meet company standards. Be a key player in shaping innovative designs!
- Hand cutting of fabric and production sew round markers.
- Proficiency in CAD for marker making and CAM for automatic Lectra cutting machines.
- Use of a fusing press to adhere interlining fabrics to outer fabrics following provided standards.
- Consistent management of sampling & bespoke flow to meet business targets.
- Ensuring high quality in measuring, cutting, and workmanship.
- Monitoring and reporting any issues with tech packs information.
- Adaptability to new work procedures and systems within the department.
- Collaboration with line manager and department on various projects as needed by the business.
- Auto cutting experience
- CAD/CAM, and knowledge of Lectra (or digital Pattern systems)
- Hand cutting experience
- Strong interpersonal skills working with a small team from diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge of MS Excel & MS Office Suite
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Castleford || INTERNAL MANUFACTURING || CASTLEFORD || n/a ||