AKIRA Digital Merchandiser
In 2002, AKIRA opened the doors to its first women's clothing boutique in Chicago. Since then, the company has extended its reach to 30+ stores across the United States, as well as a thriving eCommerce business (shopAKIRA.com.) AKIRA is extremely well-poised for sustained growth as we continue to build a nationally recognized brand.
AKIRA’s culture has one very large, distinct difference from other fast-fashion competitors: Other-Worldly Customer Service and Fanatical, Obsessive Attention to the consumer’s needs and desires. The core principle for all employees at AKIRA is toAct and Think Like an Owner, and this belief can be reflected across all areas of the company.
Chicago, IL (Full-time, in-office)
The Digital Merchandiser is responsible for planning and executing merchandising initiatives to increase site conversion. With a data-driven approach, the Digital Merchandiser will monitor and improve the product, category, and brand presentation with a focus on improving discoverability and navigability, optimizing page content, and supporting key brand and product priorities.
- Drive the overall site merchandising strategy, determining website needs for marketing campaigns, new product introductions, and seasonal selling periods based on short- and long-term business goals.
- Continuously measure and improve site conversion through adjustments to product pagination, content, navigation, user flow, and site search.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Buyers, Marketing, Creative, and Web to ensure content aligns with UX goals and best practices.
- Report out on site performance to goals on a regular basis to various internal teams, communicating what worked, what didn’t, and why. Communicate go-forward plans to improve performance and meet goals.
- Set up and publish all products and content on our site.
- 3+ years of experience in ecommerce merchandising, UX, or analytics.
- 2+ years of experience in Google Analytics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
The Ideal Candidate Has/Is:
- A continuous drive to make improvements
- Exceptional work ethic
- Strategic and technical thinking
- Eagerness to jump into a new role and build it from the ground up
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Drive to influence change in an organization
Benefits and Perks:
AKIRA offers competitive benefits for full time employees, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, FSA/HSA, 401(k), and employee discount. We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing significant career enrichment opportunities. Most importantly, what has propelled AKIRA’s growth and success over the years has been the dynamic culture within the company - if you’re filled with passion, have a strong desire to get things done, and if you want to go to a place where you know your work matters and where you can implement your ideas and decisions, then AKIRA just might be the place for you.