The Digital Merchandiser supports the company’s portfolio of global e-commerce properties and will manage and optimize the visual presentation of our products in order to drive sales, improve customer engagement and increase conversion rates. This individual will act as a brand ambassador to ensure strategies are incorporated in site plans, translate global and product campaign plans for activation, utilize seller reports to gauge success and work with licensees globally to ensure alignment.
The Digital Merchandiser will also assess the competitive landscape to remain competitive. This position will report to the VP of Global E-Commerce & Digital Strategy.
- Consistently monitor and optimize sites for USPAGL as well as merchant partner DTC e-commerce sites, marketplaces, and third party wholesale accounts
- Influence optimization with licensees globally
- Leverage analytics and selling reports to help manage Manage on-site search, consumer friendly classification of products and a rapid path to U.S. Polo Assn’s product page and checkout
- Monitor brand e-commerce websites to ensure that products are active and appropriately merchandised
- Create Partner with team in creating product landing pages and banners that align with new releases, seasonal selling periods and e-commerce campaigns
- Maintain a shared timeline for product launches, helping digital marketing channels align with on site content and campaigns
- Ensure that product attributes and specifications are correctly referenced across websites
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing to ensure up-to-date on information and visual assets for new and existing products, as well as global lifestyle imagery
- Manage content and create visually appealing product pages with enticing images, compelling product descriptions and relevant information
- Stay up to date with e-commerce trends and industry competitors to gain insights into best practices and emerging opportunities
- Work closely with inventory management team to ensure accurate stock availability and timely product launches
- Partner with digital and product development teams, sharing insights that help craft future product decisions
- Verify purchase journey is correctly merchandised and linked, ensuring banners and links render related product pages and categories.
- Support additional ad hoc requests and other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
- 3+ years of experience in website merchandising, e-commerce or a similar role
- Competency in Microsoft Excel
- Google Analytics proficiency, and strong analytical skills
- Buying, and/or site merchandising experience in apparel is a plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML and related concepts is a plus
- Shopify, or related e-commerce platform experience.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to help support our digital channels
- Interest/knowledge of the apparel industry, and a general understanding of our brand’s DNA and heritage
- Entrepreneurial spirit and can self-manage
- Motivated team-player
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functions
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work in a fast-growing global organization with a strong culture
- Comprehensive benefits: USPAGL pays 100% of the employee’s benefits beginning on Day 1 and 20% of spouse/dependent insurance. This includes health, vision, and dental, Basic Life, AD&D, STD and LTD
- 401K participation after 6 months of employment with 100% vesting immediately.
- Paternity Leave
- A hybrid schedule: as approved with department supervisor
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Growth and development opportunities
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
About U.S. Polo Assn. and USPA Global Licensing Inc. (USPAGL)
U.S. Polo Assn. is the official brand of the United States Polo Association (USPA), the non-profit governing body for the sport of polo in the United States and one of the oldest sports governing bodies, having been founded in 1890. With a multi-billion-dollar global footprint and worldwide distribution through over 1,100 U.S. Polo Assn. retail stores and thousands of department stores, sporting goods channels, independent retailers, and e-commerce, U.S. Polo Assn. offers apparel for men, women, and children, as well as accessories and footwear in more than 190 countries worldwide. U.S. Polo Assn. was named one of the top global sports licensors in 2023, according to License Global.
Visit uspoloassnglobal.com and follow @uspoloassn.
USPA Global Licensing Inc. (USPAGL) is the for-profit subsidiary of the USPA and manages the global, multi-billion-dollar U.S. Polo Assn. brand, providing the sport with a long-term source of revenue. Through its subsidiary, Global Polo Entertainment (GPE), USPAGL also manages Global Polo TV, which provides sport and lifestyle content. A historic, multi-year, global arrangement between USPAGL and ESPN, now showcases many of the top championship polo games in the U.S., enabling millions of sports fans and consumers to enjoy the sport across ESPN’s broadcast and streaming platforms. For more sport content visit globalpolo.com.