Digital Merchandiser, Women's Denim & Bottoms
About the Role
The Digital Merchandiser is responsible for the execution of a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals, ensuring that end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies hit divisional and ONOL plans. Responsible for creating a compelling seasonal framework by division that aligns product strategies with financial goals. Accountable for the divisional site merchandising strategies, ensuring alignment with the product, financial and marketing goals.
What You'll Do
- Develop and communicate the management of inventory that supports the merchandising, marketing and financial
objectives of a category within Old Navy Online
- Accountable for the development and communication of category product strategies that align with financial goals for the
- Meet category sales, GM, and inventory goals.
- Accountable for monthly OTB forecast for a category, and identify financial risk and solutions to hit sales and inventory
- Develop category pricing recommendations and strategies that align with the financials plans
- Develop seasonal hindsight and the strategic opportunities used to inform pre-line.
- Collaborate and influence cross-functional business partners to achieve category goals
- Identify areas of opportunity to make meaningful investment shifts supported by marketing and site execution.
- Develop a strategic product vision that delivers against assortment.
- Create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and
intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details.
- Deliver on best in class product assortment architecture within area of responsibility.
- Deliver on the site experience vision (interplay across the entire division of sorts experiences, linking strategies, and how
they inter-relate to overall marketing experience.
- Drive best in class experiences across both mobile and desktop supported by a deep knowledge of technical features
and functionality with an understanding how the site functions (limitations and opportunities)
- Collaborate with business partners to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency
- Foster open communication and a team environment with all business partners
- Accountable for work commitments and outcomes
Who You Are
- BA or BS Preferred
- 2-4 years’ merchandising, retail buying, or equivalent experience
- Business Acumen/Drives Results; Displays curiosity and takes action to drive results, digging into the business to find
opportunities for improvement. Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative
- Customer Focus; Demonstrates knowledge of the target customer and of product trends
- Strategic Orientation; Understands immediate problems, analyzes data to draw impactful conclusions and actively
- Learning Agility: Demonstrates growth mindset. Embraces opportunity to learn
- Talent Builder skills; owns self-development
- Collaboration and Communication; Strong verbal and written communication skills. Identify & proactively engage business partners when issues arise. Actively and positively participates in teams or collaborates for higher performance