Digital Merchandising Manager
JCPenney is the shopping destination for diverse, working American families. With inclusivity at its core, the Company's product assortment meets customers' everyday needs and helps them commemorate every special occasion with style, quality and value. JCPenney offers a broad portfolio of fashion, apparel, home, beauty and jewelry from national and private brands and provides personal services including salon, portrait and optical. The Company and its 50,000 associates worldwide serve customers where, when and how they want to shop - from jcp.com to more than 650 stores in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. In 2022, JCPenney celebrates 120 years as an iconic American brand by continuing its legacy of connecting with customers through shopping and community engagement. Please visit JCPenney's Newsroom to learn more and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page. Digital Merchandising Manager
The Digital Merchandising Manager will report to a Director of Digital Merchandising. The Manager of Digital Merchandising will lead the digital customer journey through external marketing strategies and internal site execution. Primary responsibility will be to lead ecommerce sales and margin by optimizing merchandise strategies online with enhanced user experiences, site content, and PDP content. Optimizes revenue across eCommerce business by utilizing fact-based recommendations to influence and impact site experience, marketing, pricing, taxonomy, assortment, inventory investment and other drivers. Facilitates alignment of merchandising and .com team on priorities and actions including time and action for changes and potential impacts.
Job descriptionPrimary Responsibilities:
- Identifies best in class retailers and market research on site experience, taxonomy, assortment, and other business drivers
- Suggests new and innovative experience and product ideas to drive revenue
- Coordination and timely communication of changes and potential impacts between .com and all other members of the cross functional business unit (BU) including merchandise, marketing, inventory management, planning & allocation, and site experience team
- Delivers customer journey through site executionâ€
ProfileCore Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 4+ years' experience in Retail eCommerce
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong vision for customer journey and experience
- Cross-functional influencer and communicator; creative problem solver
- Key merchandising skills/knowledge
- Critical thinking skills, courageous
- Results oriented with strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Ability to build trust and drive change.