Digital Product Design Director ﹣Retail
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Nike is a technology company. From our web and mobile experiences to the world-class digital tools and data that fuel them, our teams exist to empower every athlete* to make sport a daily habit. We’re inspired by the Nike legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we bring that level of innovation to our technologies.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As the coach of the design team, you drive the overall design direction and strategy for the work. Having perfected your craft, you’re a source of inspiration to all your designers and lead your team through the creative and product design process. You have the trust of your product partners, working with them to inform roadmaps and new initiatives. As a leader, you know how to guide your team, while also nurturing their career development and personal growth.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
The Retail Digital Product Design Team is responsible for the user experience and design of digital product features and capabilities that deliver the best possible experiences across Nike Direct and partner retail stores – connecting the consumer and athlete experience end-to-end from [email protected] (Nike App at Retail) and store athlete apps, to services and on-screen communication. As a key member of this team, you’ll lead a multi-disciplinary team of designers and report to the Sr. Director of Product Design within Nike Digital Product Design.
WHAT YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Leading a large, well-rounded team across multiple, broad initiatives
- Defining and prioritizing the problems being tackled, approach to initiatives and coordinating the efforts of your design team and the broader organization
- Overseeing the overall product execution, culture, process and results of your product areas and the Nike Digital Product Design org
- Driving the creation of objectives and key results and defining resourcing plans — assessing needs, making changes accordingly and advocating for headcount
- Leading your team to consistently demonstrate impact on company-level objectives and key results and improving quality across the design discipline
- Setting the career development strategy, cadence and template for managers and designers
- Empowering your team to own their area’s strategies based on the organization’s vision
- Sourcing, attracting and retaining diverse key and senior talent — proactively building hiring pipelines and seeking and attracting the best candidates
- Evangelizing the Nike brand and Nike Digital Design culture externally as an active member of the design community
- Identifying, owning and successfully driving substantial and challenging organization-wide initiatives that materially improve the caliber and efficiency of Nike Digital Product Design
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the design industry
- A bachelor’s degree or any combination of education, training and experience in design, UX/UI design, human-computer interaction or a related field
- Experience leading and growing careers for designers
- Capable of identifying the intersection of consumer/user needs and business objectives. Can help frame projects for cross-functional teams and shape digital experiences with measurable outcomes.
- Works enthusiastically and collaboratively with cross-functional partners, building trusting relationships
- Impeccable attention to detail in all aspects of your team’s work
- Can identify great design and provide meaningful critiques of the team's work
- Ability to drive initiatives that substantially increase the team’s impact, influencing decisions and pursuing big ideas
- Able to clearly articulate vision and strategy to leadership
- Big-picture thinking that defines and drives toward a bold future vision for your teams, users and the business
- Have successfully led and launched large-scale cross-platform design projects (web, Android, iOS, emails)
- Exceptional storytelling and communications skills — able to distill your work into narratives that motivate and influence cross-functional/cross-org teams
- Ability to foster a culture that supports and encourages diversity and inclusion
- Passion for the Nike brand, sports and for creating high-quality work
- A fascination with innovation and technology and an expert understanding of digital tools and trends
This role will be based out of Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, Beaverton, OR, or New York, NY.
For employees based in NYC and Westchester County, NY, this position has an annual base salary range of $193,500 - $321,000.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.