Digital Product Designer 2, Core Activity (Open to remote work, except the following locations: SD, VT, and WV)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Nike is a technology company. From our web and mobile experiences to the world-class digital tools and data that fuel them, our teams exist to empower every athlete* to make sport a daily habit. We’re inspired by the Nike legends who built an empire rethinking product and service, and we bring that level of innovation to our technologies.Who we’re looking for
You bring a passion for sport and a fresh design perspective to Nike. You’re eager to grow your craft and better understand the ‘why’ behind design. When work needs to get done, your hand is first in the air. You’re a key player on the team — moving quickly from concept to polished design as you iterate on tasks and implement features. And you do it all with humble confidence.Who you’ll work with
The Core Activity Team leads digital product design for Nike’s activity experiences – today consisting of NRC, NTC and Adapt apps – defining how athletes engage with tracking, motivation, coaching and guidance, and powering a deeper consumer connection with Nike. As a key member of this team, you’ll report into the Design Manager of Activity within Nike Digital Product Design.What your responsibilities will be
- Designing incredibly polished work that represents the Nike brand and product experience through visual comps, wireframes, flows and prototypes
- Rapidly iterating on design concepts－from initial briefing through final delivery
- Independently handling tasks and communicating timelines to team members and partners
- Working closely with and across a team of producers, product managers and fellow designers
- Encouraging new ways of thinking and exploring the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design problems
- Assisting in evangelizing the Nike brand and Nike design culture internally
- A bachelor’s degree or any combination of education, training and experience in design, UX/UI design, human-computer interaction or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience in end-to-end digital product design with experience in visual and UX
- Experience working on next generation connected products and services, wearables, embedded systems, and firmware is preferred, but not required
- Experience working in cross-functional, matrix-based organizations across Digital, Product Marketing, Brand and Merchandising teams
- Ability to obsess both physical and digital experiences and use product design-thinking to help concept for both
- Well-versed in typography, layout and composition
- Ability to design polished work that represents the Nike brand through visual comps, wireframes and prototypes
- A strong attention to detail
- Hands-on creative and systems thinker with strong UX/UI/IA design expertise
- Validated user-centric design approach and insights-based design process
- Strong collaborator with product managers, engineers, writers, researchers and marketers
- Proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe CC, Principle and Keynote,
- Cross-platform design experience (Web, Android, iOS, emails)
- Good at presenting your work; learning to communicate design intentions and the gravity around ideas
- Passion for the Nike brand, sports and for creating high-quality work
- A fascination with innovation and technology and a solid understanding of digital tools and trends
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $83,000.00 per year. Information about benefits can be foundhere.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.