Direct-to-Consumer Buyer, Women's Apparel
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
Prepare the Buying process across assigned DTC channel; Factory Outlet. Actively contribute to the OTB planning and management, defining optimal volumes to provided channel ranges. Execute in-season Trading decisions to meet financial targets.
- Contribute to the buying process for the assigned channel and assure right volumes are bought following market OTB plans
- Support the submission of initial seasonal forecasts into applicable systems for horizontal review by global functions at key milestones
- Prepare the size breakdowns process assuring they are created according to market needs and incorporated in the buying process
- Conduct weekly analysis of the current business and make recommendations to the buyer based on the analysis. Participate in weekly trading meetings. Make call outs of missed opportunities in business.
- Provide market in-season trading, assuring timely sales forecast by product, stock intakes and in-season markdowns. Procure market excess to meet financial targets.
- Execute according to market relevant store tiering process following FO store segmentation guidance
- Execute effective flow of stock from regular DTC channels to FO channels to assure product relevance in regular stores, adequate stock clearance and margin optimization
- Deliver the FO Assortment Plans planned production to meet channel financial targets
- Create a supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development.
- Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and objectives.
- Market Planning Team
- Market Allocation Team
- DTC Marketing Team
- Market Op Teams
- Supply Chain and Demand Planning Teams
- Market CTC (Assortment Planning and Range/Price Architecture) and Brand Category Teams
- Relevant job experience in a Buying function, and fully qualified and trained
- Combined broad theoretical and practical knowledge incl. company policies and practices
- Strong competence with Buying, procedures and systems
- Excellent computer skills, including, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint
- Advanced Excel skills, and a thorough understanding of macros, pivot tables, lookup formulas, formatting, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, familiarity with Retail KPI's, and a thorough understanding of retail math
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build successful relationships within a team and cross-functionally
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectively use decision making skills, confidently handling ambiguous situations and/or issues that may arise
- Ability to effectively present information to an individual or group, both written and verbally
- Ability to work independently (particularly in the absence of supervisor) and be a solution-based thinker
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate via phone, e-mail and face to face
- Ability to work well in a team environment in any capacity
- Ability to multi-task within a fast paced, changing environment, and the ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- A passion for sports and an interest in the athletic industry and trends and/or athletic product lines preferred
- Interest in Retail industry and understanding of sports and style preferred
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university and a minimum 5 years related experience; equivalent combination or education and experience may be substituted
- Degree with emphasis in Merchandising, Marketing or Business Management preferred
adidas requires all US based employees to report COVID-19 vaccination status. Proof of vaccination is required in New York City. adidas is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for accommodation in accordance with all relevant state laws.