Director, Apla – Retail Store Design Director
Beaverton, Oregon, USAPosted 8 days ago
Job descriptionWHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Nike seeks a Retail Design Director within the Consumer Direct team in Brand Creative who will support and extend consumer-led global retail concepts, global stores and the evolution of the business, for both Store Design (architecture / fixtures and environments) and Story Design (non-seasonal storytelling and environmental graphic design). You are tapped into the pulse of future technology and design trends. You apply this thinking to your work, always looking to expand the possibilities of immersive Storytelling and Environments. You will collaborate with internal and external design teams and agencies to complete projects by using design processes and standard methodologies to ensure the creative intent, design results, timelines and budgets are met. You are able to illustrate your ideas and be hands on as you help drive projects to completion!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you will:
- Lead and direct a team of architect designers, graphic designers and project managers, providing vision, strategic and tactical direction.
- Ensure project goals and priorities align with Nike Direct Stores' business strategies. Address staffing/resource needs meet demands, and work within team projects as well as independently.
- Mentor and build opportunities for individual development, performance management, recognition and rewards. Champion innovative thinking, collaboration, and partnership.
- Collaborate with global and geo peers, design counterparts, and partner groups to ensure project design continuity across all areas of focus and alignment to Brand plans.
- Educate Global teams on APLA Geo, territory and city needs and consumer insights.
- Initiates, drives, and coaches the team and agency partners on Nike standard methodologies.
- Communicates and presents design concepts to all levels of management and elevate strategic concerns to senior management in a timely and manner.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
Under the direction of the Senior Creative Director, you'll work with the Global Consumer Direct Retail Design Team in the development of innovative and original retail storytelling and other programs that reflect Nike's design ethos and improve the consumer retail experience for APLA markets. You will extend global concepts while managing business needs, consumer and cultural storytelling context vital for success in the marketplace. In this role, you'll partner closely with multi-disciplinary teams across Nike in the geography and territories/cities as well as external design agencies, digital design, store design and marketing teams.
You may travel 5 - 15% of the time.
ProfileWHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelors' Degree in graphic design and architecture or industrial design or combination of relevant education, experience, and training; plus a minimum of 10 years' brand design and/or environmental design experience demonstrating sophistication in concepts and design/visual communications; includes at least 3 years of management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of design processes. Advanced knowledge of Auto CAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, 3D Visualization Software etc.
- Retail design experience preferred; retail environments, concepts and programs. International experience beneficial.
- Strong oral and written communications skills including meeting facilitation and presentations. Proven ability to effectively communicate complex and/or critical topics and concepts to senior leaders.
- Proven ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and geographies.
- Good judgment and ability to contribute significantly to the Nike Values, Maxims and strategy.
- Ability to motivate others, deal with ambiguity, and effectively collaborate in decision-making.