Director, Buying And Planning-Herve Leger & Zac Posen
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women's, men's and kid's apparel, accessories, entertainment and beauty.
Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company's future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
From developing the product strategies to growing our brands, merchandising careers at Centric Brands offer exciting possibilities to grow a career with one of world's foremost lifestyle brands collectives. From helping develop the merchandise mix to ensuring stores and online site have the right products in the right quantities to creating the long-term brand strategy, a career in merchandising and planning offers you a chance to make a positive impact on our success - and yours.Job descriptionSpecific Responsibilities Would Include
The Director of Planning is responsible for directing and overseeing the planning and forecasting processes for Herve Leger/Zac Posen's business to ensure company financial objectives are achieved. The Director of Planning will provide strategic and analytical support to merchandising through all phases of product life cycle (pre-season and in season) and will partner with cross functional business partners to ensure sales, gross margin, and key investment goals are achieved.
- Lead the strategic financial objectives of the Wholesale and DTC channels through accurate and proactive management and forecasting of sales, margin, and inventory levels to achieve targets
- Manage and control inventory levels, identify risks and opportunities
- Monitor in season POS results to identify key consumer trends to support the development of the line plan
- Manage retail planning activities and vendor managed inventory processes for key customers
- Manage Standard reporting and Analysis for the Division. Provide risk and opportunity analysis to all cross functional teams
- Provide recommendations and POV on inventory, promotions, exit strategy in order to achieve Net sales targets, GM targets, and overall divisional goals.
- Provide high-level analysis and business reports to leadership, summarizing the key issues/take aways.
- Develop and share merchandise analysis to inform and lead decision making, including monthly promotional pricing and markdown decisions
- Partner with buying team on the timing and quantity of new and existing product to flow into the stores, driving proper store inventory levels across all stores, inclusive of identifying store levels to maximize profitability
- Demonstrates effective working relationships, building strong partnerships and influencing cross functional leaders.
- Drive planning process improvements, standardizations, and best practices aligned to accommodate complexities of the business
- Review selling and inventory levels in key classifications/items and work with WS/DTC team to avoid missed opportunities
- Manage inventory levels in the distribution center to ensure timely distributions.
- 10 plus years of planning, forecasting, or other relevant analytical role within the industry; luxury and/or buying experience a plus.
- Knowledge of OTBs and door planning how they are leveraged to drive business
- Advance Excel and MS Office skills
- Proven ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- The individual should exude business agility and strategic thinking, leveraging internal and external data to make fact-based decisions
- Strong knowledge of trends, fashion sense and critical thinking.
- Advanced business knowledge of merchandising and forecasting concepts with an understanding of their operational and financial impacts
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401 (k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our social impact program, Centric Cares, focuses on volunteerism to make a difference in communities we live and work in and our D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Salary Range: $130,000 to $150,000
At Centric Brands, we believe our people are our greatest asset, and we seek to structure competitive compensation offers to ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. Our job postings include an annual base salary range at the time of employment. The stated base salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on several factors, including the selected candidate's educational and professional experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the selection process. Base salary is a part of a total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, annual bonus and other Centric Brands sponsored benefit programs.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.
Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer