Director, Design & Construction
Fabletics is currently looking for aDirector of Design & Construction
How Do You Fit In?
Primary Responsibilities include the following: Manage, lead and direct the execution of all design and construction activities for new stores, relocations, remodels, and special projects. It is the primary responsibility of the Director of Design and Construction to ensure that all Fabletics retail stores are created with our VIP Members in mind and in alignment with the brand standards. A key responsibility of the Director of Design and Construction is to ensure that the Store Development team maintains an accurate store attributes database for corporate reporting and business analysis. Success in this role will be driven by building and maintaining strong relationships and collaboration with multiple cross-functional leaders including Visual Merchandise (presentation), Real Estate, Merchandising, IT, Marketing and Store Operations.
What You Will Do:
- Lead communication with internal and external design and construction resources to bring design concepts to fruition, on time and on budget.
- Oversee and manage the construction process for all existing and new retail locations.
- Perform and complete a thorough review of construction documents to ensure accuracy and consistency across new construction and remodels.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to the merchant organization, to translate their product vision into the physical store space.
- Provide solutions to maximize space, drive growth, enhance the Fabletics brand, improve sales results and the in-store experience.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings with internal and external partners to ensure store planning objectives have been clearly defined and are aligned with the brand's initiatives and strategies.
- Develop and manage processes to streamline the execution of the store planning functions. Implement a successful process that informs the field teams of design directives and changes. Create consistent best practices and drive adoption.
- Direct the store planning function to prepare new store and relocations from priorities set forth by Real Estate in conjunction with working directly with Architects.
- Ensure the group is compliant to the current ADA requirements relating to floor plans. Stay current on requirements and share knowledge with team.
- Direct the creation and maintenance of current prototype floor/fixture plans for design concepts and merchandise for use by other teams so that good business decisions can be made.
- Manage and maintain project management/tracking schedules pertaining to store projects/initiatives. Develop credible budgets and set expectations on timelines and deliverables. Acquire project costs and manage to the established budget.
- Direct the implementation of changes as it relates to the floor planning process by coordinating the design and merchandise directive changes while being aware of budget/cost, project construction status, fixture order status and schedule.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, interior design or related field.
- Seven (7) or more years' experience at the management level with a national retail chain responsible for construction/store/space/merchandise planning.
- Broad knowledge of building construction and building systems (mechanical).
- Must have some knowledge and familiarity with AIA contracts.
- Project Management and permitting knowledge/experience required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Sound understanding of project management flow charts and excel.
- Strong strategic thinking, leadership and problem solving skills, results oriented.
At Fabletics, we believe work and life should fit together! We continue to build a culture of flexibility, to empower you to do your best and put yourself first. Our Total Rewards program rewards employees for their hard work, supporting their health, well-being, families, and ultimately their life journey. Total Rewards at Fabletics includes:
-Hybrid Work Schedule*
-Unlimited Paid Time Off*
-Annual Bonus Program
*Varied for retail and fulfillment roles
The annual base salary range for this position is from $168,000-$202,000. The range provided includes the base salary that Fabletics expects to pay for the role. Offered base salary will be dependent on factors including the scope and complexity of the role, candidate's related work experience, subject matter expertise and work location.
TechStyleOS is the globally integrated Operations and Services provider behind some of the fastest growing online fashion brands in history, including Fabletics, Savage X Fenty, JustFab, ShoeDazzle, and FabKids. With capabilities spanning technology, data science, supply chain management, fulfillment, customer service, and more, we help brands launch, scale and grow-across product categories and geographically. From predictive analytics to data-driven marketing and attribution, our unique approach is powered by our proprietary, end-to-end tech platform that enables the brands we serve to deliver a level of personalization, value, and satisfaction that are unrivaled in the fashion industry.
Fabletics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, compensate, develop, and promote regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable. At Fabletics, Inc., we champion a vibrant workplace culture that thrives on diversity law and do not tolerate discrimination or harassment. We are one team from many backgrounds, innovating through diversity of individuals, who are driven by passion for creating an inclusive space for all. Fabletics, Inc. will continue to champion a workplace culture that prizes diversity and inclusivity.
We encourage you to apply regardless of meeting all qualifications and/or requirements.