Director, Design Intimates & Swim
About the Role
The Director of Design for Intimates & Swim at Athleta is responsible for innovating and creating the strategic direction of business through creating beautiful product that performs; accountable for development process, growing business and seeking opportunities to positively affect their respective categories through new to market technologies for both short and long term impact. This role leads, mentors and develops a team of designers and partners closely with cross functional leaders who collectively are responsible for creating product that is famous for its sustainable technical beauty.
What You'll Do
Leads a high performing team to drive the product categories within your area of responsibility.
Develops strong internal cross-functional relationships within Athleta and across Gap Inc. not limited to merchandising, production, tech design, marketing, product ops, and the Center of Excellence – Active.
Leads and inspires functional team to remain; product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
Key member of the Athleta Design and Product Core leadership teams.
Sets overall direction in the conceptual development of product lines, anchored in innovative solutions.
Responsible for managing team in all aspects of entire product design process, designing, creation/cocreation, sketching, building and fitting.
Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
Oversees selection of fabric and trim.
Responsible for identifying and executing opportunities within the product development process for continuous improvement.
Selects, leads, develops, and evaluates team members.
Who You Are
- Must have 10+ years of design background with at least 5 years of management experience.
- In depth knowledge of design techniques and processes.
- Team Leadership - has progressive experience leading teams of technical and non-technical experts to drive a common vision.
- Personal Leadership - demonstrated executive presence, ability to navigate complexity, work with creative and technical teams, and collaborate across a senior leadership team.
- Change Leadership - experience leading through significant change & transformation