Director, Design, RTW Wovens
an American luxury brand known for beautiful, timeless pieces and rich storytelling that evokes optimism and joy. Tory is a fashion designer who draws inspiration from her parents’ effortless style, the worlds of travel, art and interiors, and women globally. The collections include ready-to-wear, handbags, footwear, accessories, jewelry, home and beauty. Empowering women is the company’s guiding principle, underpinning the design philosophy and company culture, and driving the work of the Tory Burch Foundation.
You areseeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you’re prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today!
Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:When you join us, you’re joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You’ll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth – you’ll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you’ll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
You have a strong background in RTW Design and understand how to initiate concepts each season that are fashion driven and reflective of the creative vision and Tory Burch aesthetic. You are organized & detail-oriented, proactive and adaptable to shifting priorities. You are excited to be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where you will collaborate with talented designers and cross-functional partners
A Day In The LifeThe typical day is… atypical. You might be identifying emerging trends, overseeing seasonal conceptualization or partnering with merchandising and PD. The consistent thread is that you’ll be working with an amazing team of cross functional partners who share your passion for excellence… and beautiful product!
To Land This Role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience designing
- Ability to provide portfolio of past work is required
- Ability to hand sketch both technical drawings and illustrations
- Experience developing product directly with factories; understanding of development from concept through engineering
- Understanding of materials, fabrics, technical fabrics, and trims required
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Global viewpoint, cultural sensitivity, and adaptability a must.
- Strong communication and leadership skills; ability to form partnerships to collaborate, influence and drive change.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Adaptable – We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial – We own it
- Collaborative – There’s no “I” in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused – We put ourselves in Tory’s shoes
- Live the Values – We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise – We’re constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Disability AccommodationTory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact [email protected]
NYC COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementTory Burch requires new hires employed in New York City to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per the order of the Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene to Require COVID19 Vaccination in the Workplace. Tory Burch provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).