Director, Global Merchandising - Accessories
You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
The Director of Merchandising, Global Accessories oversees the development of the Global Category Strategies for Levi's® Accessories & Licensed Categories. You will lead the Accessories Global Merchandising team by setting the category vision, long range growth plans and global product architecture to exceed financial goals and consumer expectations following the brand vision. You will inspire a consumer-focused, growth-minded, and team-oriented approach while driving key growth initiatives across the globe.
About the Job
- In close partnership with the Licensee, manage the development of a compelling global product offering in service to overall business strategies/financial plans and following brand expectations
- Lead and create an assortment strategy based on analysis of both the Levi's and competitor marketplace with consideration of global and local requirements
- Communicate and engage the Global Merchandising strategic plans and direction with key internal and external cross-functional partners in a compelling manner that inspires alignment and execution to a common vision
- Lead the team in preparation for Global milestones
- Shape the global strategy and long-range category plan
- Develop assortment plans to guide sustainable, profitable category growth and sell through
- Maintain strong partnership with affiliates to develop insight into the local markets and ensure merchandising recommendations are understood
- Identify competitor trends including pricing strategies for different markets
- Achieve consistent qualitative and quantitative product feedback to internal and external cross-functional partners and merchandising leadership
- Travel throughout marketplace to understand brand opportunities
- Create a multi-level team that is culturally connected, motivated, and innovative with a focus on the consumer and the competition
- Bachelor degree required
- 10+ years experience in the apparel industry
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective business processes and managing complex, cross-functional projects
- Ability to effectively interact with executive level roles
- Proficient in software applications, particularly Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Experience managing people or direct reports
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved whenproperlysupported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.
San Francisco, CA, USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME