Director, Men's Design
is seeking aDirector of Men'sbased in our corporate office in #Kenosha WI (between #Milwaukee WI and #Chicago IL).
In this role you will, lead the design vision and direction to grow Jockey's men's or women's business across all categories. Working closely with your design team, and cross-functional partners, you will manage conceptual design to bring relevant, innovative product to our customers while developing strategies to increase speed to market.
As aDIRECTOR, you will be responsible for:
- Filtering trends and interpreting through the lens of the Jockey brand target consumer
- Interpreting conceptual design to the creative stage
- Effectively communicating technical construction details to the design team, relaying each aspect of the sketches to obtain desired end results from the product development group.
- Working within current process to maintain the collaboration and liaison with the product team ensuring complete integrity of fit and quality
- Collaborating and challenging the application on the making of specific product categories, colors and prints, through the use of new technology or innovative processes
- Applying conceptual designs to fit with the product business requirements (cost, deadlines) by anticipating any specific requirement needed to meet current environmental changes to the business and or manufacturing as it relates to cost and margins. Communicating appropriately within business and operations on specific related issues
- Ensuring that quality of fit, yarns, and textiles are precisely aligned for the success of the product
- Partnering with the product team, taking responsibility for final fit approval of all graded sizes
- Selecting appropriate products through filtering process on all seasonal products, aligning creative designs with conceptual designer, color designer and business requirements
- Working on new ideas for innovative materials, processes, components and fibers, ensuring material selections translate globally
- Working closely with the product team using existing fabric and yarn combinations including the investigation of trims and elastics from the conceptual designer to correctly marry all fabrics, components and construction combinations to the garments
- Delivering calendar adherence by meeting all deadlines for each new proposed product
- Taking responsibility for costing and margins of all the product in line
- Working collaboratively on speed to market strategies
- Buildingstronglinks with world-class fabric suppliers to create new and appropriate fabric qualities focused on comfort and fit
- Bachelor's degree in Design, or related field required. Master's degree in Design preferred
- 5+ years of product development and fit experience
- Proven ability to interpret conceptual stage to creative stage while maintaining quality and target costs
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, this is a highly cross-functional role interacting with all levels within the organization
- Strong knowledge of fabrics and trims is essential
- Knowledge of pattern making
- Understand how to interpret the business needs and visual identify of the brand
- Deadline driven
- Excellent creative ability required
- Cost understanding essential
- Excellent communication, organization, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent team building skills required
- Good business acumen (ability to align design needs to increased/additional revenue)
- Full-time employment with competitive salary and benefits (including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation and holidays)
- A consistent first shift, weekday work schedule
- Onsite health & wellness programs and generous employee discounts
- Fashion-forward, business casual work environment (Jeans are ok!)
- 40 hours per year of paid volunteer time
- PTO/shut down the week between Christmas and New Year's
What You'll Bring:
What Jockey Offers:
In return for your expertise,JOCKEYoffers a unique opportunity for on-the-job training, fitness club discounts, onsite health & wellness programs, generous employee discounts, a business casual work environment, and a challenging work environment! Follow us on LinkedIn and stay connected!
Founded in 1876, Jockey International, Inc. is a privately held, family-owned company with headquarters in Kenosha, WI. Started by Rev. Samuel T. Cooper as a sock company to serve lumberjacks of the day, the company has expanded into one of the most well-known apparel brands around the world. Today, Jockey products are sold in more than 145 countries. Jockey is committed to quality and innovation, and the passionate pursuit to satisfy the human need for comfort continues to be the company's hallmark. Visit Jockey.com to experience the quality and craftsmanship of the Original American Underwear brand.
Jockey International, Inc., and its subsidiaries, provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures.