Director of Design Operations
About the Role
The Athleta Product Operations team will be a group of functional experts driving the larger product teams to operational excellence. This role within the Athleta Product Operations team will be assigned to support the Design function which owns product design across styles, fit, color, print, and concept. This role will also be key tactical support for the VP of Design in areas like organizational efficiency, project management, calendar management, research and supporting staff meetings.
What You'll Do
This role will be accountable for driving operational efficiencies in the creation and delivery of products. This will involve being a problem-solver at the daily, tactical level, while also translating the short-term solutions into long-term process improvements for the future. There will be frequent interaction with executives, and you enjoy creating excellent, customized communications for all levels.
- Develop workflow improvements that ensure timely and complete handoff of work across the product team
- Support Design VP in staff meetings and brainstorming.
- Create and drive complex, cross-functional project plans.
- Manage key meetings and take the lead as needed for note-taking and following up on actions.
- Deeply understand the needs and dependencies of each function in the delivery pipeline.
- Represent the team in IT system implementation meetings.
- Inform and influence cross functional stakeholders by clearly articulating a point of view that considers the implications of proposed changes for all partners.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking by iterative process development and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Represent data in innovative and meaningful ways.
Who You Are
- MBA preferred
- 3+ years in project management
- 6+ years in product design operations or related fields within product creation
- Experience in large-scale systems implementation eg Oracle, SAS, PLM tools.
- Proficiency in data analytics and data visualization
- Knowledge of PowerBI, Tableau or similar tools, is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will work with cross-functional business partners to bring strategies to life.