Director of Global Product Insights
You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
About the Job
We have a great opportunity for a Global Product Insights Director on the Marketplace Insights team. In this new role, you will represent the voice of the consumer in influencing major growth and innovation strategies for Levi's® product. You will partner with global Merchandising and Design to inform the creation of a consumer-focused global product strategy and ensure our products deliver on consumer needs and expectations. You will set the insights agenda for product priorities, working across categories to optimize the Levi's portfolio.
In this role, you will translate business issues into impactful and actionable plans. You are tasked with providing consumer and market insight throughout the product go-to-market journey, helping inform product briefs and provide consumer feedback at various stages of product design and development. You will also track consumer & category trends and competitive brand activity, and advise on priorities like sustainability. You should constantly be seeking improved tools and ways of working to enable increased insight and actionability. You will also leverage existing learnings and secondary sources as appropriate to address business questions and synthesize knowledge. As part of the Global Marketplace Insights team, you are charged with helping set the global agenda and roadmap while applying and shaping global best practices in the product space. In this role, you will manage an existing team of 2 direct reports. This role also partners with regional Marketplace Insights teams to enable translation of global insights at the local level. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Marketplace Insights for Brand, Product, & Shopper Insights.
- 7+ years of experience in qualitative and quantitative research and applications across the consumer journey. Extensive experience in product and concept testing techniques.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant field: Business, Psychology, Analytics
- Experience on the client side, ideally within FMCG or apparel industries, or as a consultant with a strong Insights organization
- Ability to diagnose issues, synthesize information, and relay outcomes in clear, actionable manner
- Fierce consumer advocate willing to take an unpopular, fact-based perspective in service to our consumers
- Knowledgeable about the Insights landscape, range of tools, capabilities, suppliers and best practices
- Experience managing and coaching direct reports
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.
San Francisco, CA, USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME