Director of Global Sourcing & Manufacturing (GSM) Strategic Portfolio
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Who Converse represents is who Converse hires. If you're one-of-a-kind, you should try us on.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A DIRECTOR, GLOBAL SOURCING & MANUFACTURING (GSM) STRATEGIC PORTFOLIO.
This role is responsible for driving advancement of our GSM functional capabilities in support of our strategic objectives. Change is our offense. And, as we seek to transform our manufacturing network and support our business in new ways, we require progress against a strategic portfolio of capabilities, underpinned by the deployment of technology, the effective connection and use of data and the development of new functional processes.
We are seeking a self-starter with knowledge and experience in Sourcing & Manufacturing, who is an effective change-maker, can operate with agility through ambiguity and influence stakeholders successfully. In addition to exposure to Sourcing & Manufacturing, the candidate must have experience developing business/functional strategy, overseeing a Strategic Portfolio or Business Process change management.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As our Director, GSM Strategic Portfolio, you are responsible for one of the key strategies for our function – to implement a roadmap of critical GSM capabilities. Your work relates directly to our strategy, supporting the priorities and evolution of our functional teams.
KEY DAY-TO-DAY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead discovery efforts and refine capability requirements as dictated by our strategy and functional requirements
- Establish priorities, key performance indicators of team and portfolio
- Prioritize initiatives through a strategic portfolio management approach
- Build use and business cases in collaboration with business and functional leaders to move investment and resource requests through annual financial planning processes
- Develop and support operational plans with functional and tech owners – through project management, process design, change management, etc.
- Govern the process of intake, prioritization, resourcing, and implementation
- Socialize Strategic Portfolio and communicate progress with broader leadership
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will report to the Senior Director of Converse GSM as a member of that leadership team, along with functional leaders of Sourcing, Supply Planning, Manufacturing, Product Integrity, Trading Company and Responsible Sourcing & Mfg. You will work with your manager and colleagues to develop, prioritize and support the Strategic Portfolio
You will partner with Technology Product Management to develop and implement solutions.
You will manage a small team to support your efforts and to support the GSM functional leadership team to operationalize the portfolio: building use cases, developing tech requirements, designing process and governing process.
You will also function as part of a broader community of Supply Chain Innovation professionals across Converse Operations and Nike.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Statistics, Supply Chain, or Operations or combination of relevant education, experience and training; MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- At least 7 years’ of relevant experience in Operations Management, Sourcing & Manufacturing, Project Management, Strategic Planning or related fields
- Proven ability to think strategically, drive clarity in ambiguity, and then translate strategies into actionable plans; Expertise in leading cross-functional teams through dynamic planning processes
- Strong business partner relationship management skills; Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven track record to work with team members across functions and geographies and at all levels through an open, engaging, and collaborative style
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and performing simultaneous projects and activities
- Project /change management experience preferred
- Technology exposure – through direct management or deployment familiarity – preferred
- Lean / Agile training or familiarity preferred
- Excellent executive-level communication skills, including the ability to synthesize and simplify quantitative/qualitative information into impactful materials
- Experience working in a global environment – across cultures, countries, time-zones – and across a matrixed organization.
Converse requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Converse will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.