Director, Operations And Visual Merchandising
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail careers.
Our store management team has the privilege to lead, manage, and inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store results. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store management team puts you on a fast-track to career success.
The Director, Operations & Visual Merchandising leads a team of Managers who are responsible for ensuring the merchandise in their Macy's Store is ready for the customer to shop. This role leads all activities from receipt of product to ensuring the product is floor ready for customer purchase. These activities include merchandising, product movement, price changes, signage, visual execution and event set-up. The Director, OVM ensures that customer SLA's (Service Level Agreements) are met for order readiness and shipment from stores driven by product fulfillment. Performs other duties as assigned. This role reports to the Senior Director, Store Manager and is a developmental step to the Senior Director, Store Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 5-7 years retail management with experience developing leaders in a department or specialty store.
- Practice open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
- Knowledge of MS Office is required