Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for a Director, Assortment & Allocation Planning to join our team!
In this position, you'll play a meaningful role in directly serving our consumers and delivering on our Consumer Direct Acceleration strategy. You will achieve this by ensuring both our Stores and our Digital fulfillment channels have the right product, at the right time, and in the right amounts, while delivering against retail sales, margin, and inventory plans. You will lead a team of Assortment and Allocation Planners, responsible for pre-season product depth through in-season execution to serve consumer demand.
You are a leader of people, who moves at the pace of the consumer, and is passionate about digital trends and the future of commerce. You have an “anything’s possible” attitude. You are successfully able to translate insights into action through problem solving and critical thinking skills. You can effectively communicate sophisticated data to a variety of audiences. You possess a deep understanding of marketplace, product and inventory planning with actions that are grounded in qualitative research, data and insights to support your view.
You are a phenomenal collaborator who proactively builds positive relationships across the organization with both upstream and downstream functions. Using your strong financial and commercial acuity, you show good judgment in making decisions and problem solving. You have experience in a pure-play Digital or omni-channel retailer and you are passionate about creating the future of retail planning through systems and tools.WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You’ll report to a Sr. Director, North America. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional partners in Merchandise Financial Planning, Merchandising, Site Merchandising, Site & Store Operations, and other Planning teams in the geography.WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
If this is you, your key responsibilities will be:
- Set top-down, pre-season financial targets and drive in-season execution against retail sales plans grounded in profitability with a consumer focus across both Digital and Stores.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners on seasonal strategies and product depth needed to deliver the retail sales plan
- Regularly report business results to Sr Leaders against the financial plan and provide strategic direction on in-season sales and inventory forecasts on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Identify in-season risks/help needed to achieve Key Performance Indicators, including product seek as well as optimizing pricing to liquidate product through end of life.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share standard methodologies, and drive new system implementation and adoption.
- Lead and join a world-class team that facilitates and improves individual and team performance, supporting and encouraging an open and inclusive environment that embraces diversity, encourages accountability, and gets results.
- Grow & develop your team through timely, specific, and practical feedback
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering or a related field; or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
- Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years' retail experience in merchandise planning, business planning, merchandising, or allocations
- Management and leadership experience in Retail, Planning, Strategy, Finance, and/or Supply Chain
- A passion for people, and a proven leader in talent development and coaching
- Curious and self-motivated, dedicated to improving one’s self and the organization
- Sophisticated understanding of how to use data science/analytics and coaching teammates on data-driven decision making
- Proven track record in retail, assortment and/or merchandising planning, inclusive of scenario planning across revenue, margin, and inventory
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence others; efficiently communicate complex and/or sensitive topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
- Proficiency in retail math; ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business.
- In-depth knowledge of consumers, competitors, and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred.
- Experience working across multiple business platforms, including mobile, web, app, and O2O capabilities.
- Extensive experience with merchandise and forecasting management systems.
- Advanced capabilities in Excel
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.