Director Product Merchandising Apparel- Energy & Close To Market
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Be a Product of Rad Society
We’ve got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. That’s you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someone’s bag, on someone’s feet. You’re a trendwatcher. A callmaker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our Director, Product Merchandising Apparel- Energy and Close To Market is responsible for leading a global team, owning the collaboration/licensing and speed to market capabilities strategy, product creation, merchandising strategy and creation process. In this role, you are gathering consumers insights, connecting business and marketplace analytics to inform the product across the range.
We are seeking someone with a growth mindset and deep understanding of the industry and the competitive landscape. They will also possess product management and merchandising experience, with an expertise in understanding and interpreting consumer insight and market intelligence to increase business growth and market share.
A successful candidate has expertise in the collaboration and partner management spaces. This role requires demonstrated success interpreting sales data, inventory and sell through to inform real time and future product and assortment strategies and actions. Our work environment thrives on collaboration and leading with an inspirational and motivational leadership style.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
In partnership with the Global Product Merchandising team, Geo Merchandising teams and Cross-Functional leaders, you will define the in season and long-term product strategy for Converse’s global product offering across all ways to serve—starting with a bias towards Converse Direct first. In addition, you work closely with the geography and account partners to drive close to market product initiatives, including management of our regional product creation process and product portfolio. If this speaks to your passion for the product and the consumer keep reading!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Obsessing the needs of our consumer, stay informed by working with consumer insights and studying industry trends.
- Driving Apparel Energy & Licensing strategy and execution
- Bringing the long-term vision of the consumer segments to life aligned with consumer-led Product Line Architecture and Product Line Plans.
- Connecting long-term inline franchise plans with our energy and closer to market initiatives.
- Leading a simplified offense and drive key ways of working to include but not limited to: a rolling, multi-season approach to product mix; franchise and classification excellence; and managing for product essentials, newness, innovation & exploration.
- Ensuring consumer-right flow and cadence of products and stories that integrate and provide holistic consumer marketing that serves our Wholesale and Digital needs.
- Building and sustaining strong partnerships with key cross functional (Innovation, Creation Triad, Marketing, Planning, Digital) and Geo Partners.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
This role works across functions and Geo's, building relationships and driving strategy. Key partners will include, but not limited to, Geo Merchandising, Global & Geography Design, Geography Regional Product Creation, Footwear Energy Product Merchandising, Product Development, Merchandising Operations, Consumer Insights, Strategy, Brand & Energy Marketing, Finance, and Innovation.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Demonstrated success using consumer industry and insights data
- Collaborator and Partner Management Experience
- Proven success in product creation strategy and execution
- Experience leading, recruiting, retaining, motivating, and developing a diverse and high functioning team.
- Multi-Season Planning and Pricing
- A Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and experience
- 8+ years directly relevant experience including comprehensive experience as a business/process leader
- Domestic and international travel required (±25% of time on the road)
Converse requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Converse will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.