Director, Product Merchandising Insights & Analytics – North America
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike’s Commercial Analytics team provides descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive solutions to drive business decisions that ensure consumers have access to the right products at the right locations at the right time. This is no easy task, and can be immensely complex in North America, Nike’s largest geography.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a Director, Product Merchandising Insights & Analytics for Nike North America Commercial Analytics. This role will lead a team in developing insights that fuel decision-making across our dynamic Product Merchandising organization. If you are motivated, comfortable working with ambiguity, and relish the opportunity to work on complex problems, then this is your next move! We are looking for someone with the desire to drive a new way of thinking towards data-driven decision-making and inspire their team to do the best work of their career!
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
Your work will focus on embedding with the Product Merchandising teams to understand their needs and proactively find opportunities to drive knowledge into action. You’ll help these business partners by using a multi-disciplinary range of methods and capabilities to deliver both recurring and moment-based analytics and insights.Your focus will include:
- Representing the entire analytics function as a leader in the Product Merchandising organization; sharing your point of view from a data-driven perspective
- Lead, coach, and inspire a team of analysts, driving their focus on strategic work and supporting their development and career progression
- Use data and analytics to provide insight into unique and sophisticated Nike challenges and opportunities in support of targeted business priorities and objectives
- Creating strong partnerships with other analytics peers to leverage value from the intersection of different functional views of the business
- Building innovative and effective analytics and insights services, ranging from elevating existing solutions or creating new capabilities that will address anticipated and emerging business needs
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
Your role sits on the Commercial Analytics team in North America, that also includes teams that support the Marketplace, the Demand & Supply Management team, and a dedicated Data Science & Forecasting team. We are part of North America Consumer Insights and Analytics, and can leverage the amazing work of our broader org to bring a multi-disciplinary approach to complex problems. You’ll also be member of the Product Merchandising organization as a dotted-line support function, helping them infuse data and insights into how they bring Nike’s amazing products to life for our consumers across the marketplace.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING?
- Bachelor/Master degree in Bachelor's degree in business, finance, statistics, computer science, econometrics, applied math, market research, behavioral science, or other quantitative discipline or related field or equivalent combination of relevant education, training, and experience.
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on analytics and a demonstrable record of delivering measurable value and innovation to business collaborators.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to describe complex concepts as high-impact presentations to senior leadership audiences.
- Expert in data analysis (SQL proficiency required). Experience with forecasting and familiarity with AI/ML preferred
- Superb teamwork skills and a solid history of collaboration and forming relationships. People management experience preferred.
- Experience in developing an understanding of consumers, customers, competitors, and retail trends; knowledge of athletic footwear and apparel market preferred.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.