Director, Technical Product Management – Innovation (Remote Option*)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
As Nike accelerates and operationalizes its One Technology Roadmap, Nike has recognized the need for a team and structure responsible for building high-quality enterprise products and platforms at scale. As such, we are looking to expand the Innovation TPM team to meet the growing needs of our customers who support Nike's core business. If you're interested in becoming a leader who will support the operationalization and acceleration of our technology-led strategy, we'd love to hear from you!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As the Director, Technical Product Management (TPM) for Innovation you will own the strategy and roadmaps for technical products supporting our Sports Science Data Platform. This role is driven by defining strategic priorities and laying out a product vision. You'll transform vision into actions and build measurable product plans.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will collaborate with various teams within Global Technology (e.g., Digital Technology Program Office, Engineering leaders) and key Functional Teams across the business (e.g., Global Operations Team, Architecture, Governance). You have a deep understanding of how to design creative quality technical products and enable business capabilities and objectives through technology.
You will have specialized knowledge and lead technical product management in the areas of:
- Self-service and "as-a-service" technology platforms (or PaaS)
- Cloud-native solutions (multi-cloud abstraction is a plus)
- Globally distributed systems at scale
- API driven solutions (ex HTTP/REST/JSON)
LEAD AND MANAGE END - TO - END ENTERPRISE ROADMAP
- Build product/platform vision and multi-year roadmap in partnership with Engineering & business teams
- Define business needs, outcomes & value to ensure roadmap alignment for customers across enterprise
- Ensure that roadmaps account for and integrate dependencies across Domains & Tech Team roadmaps ensure the same across functional areas
- Collaborate with TPMs across Domains and the Central TPM Leader to address dependencies across Global Tech; provide inputs into overall Global Tech roadmap development
DEFINE PRODUCT & PLATFORM STRATEGY
- Partner with customers to understand business needs/goals and provide strategic advice on how to respond
- Apply a "customer-centric" approach for roadmap design to ensure creation of products/platforms that meet current and future enterprise needs
- Develop product/platform strategies ensuring they deliver outsized value to Global Tech quickly and are built to be scalable and agile
- Bringing best-in-class market and industry insights to platform and product strategy
DELIVER VALUE TO THE BUSINESS VIA PRODUCTS & PLATFORMS WHILE ELEVATING PRODUCT MANAGEMENT MATURITY
- Use a value framework to make product and platform decisions
- Drive the execution steps of product management aligning with the value framework
- Drive adherence to all standard TPM ways of working (e.g., process, artifacts, templates, collaboration models)
- Track value delivery, product adoption, performance, and execution against the roadmap and adjust
- Ensure TPM maturity throughout all levels of the Tech Team, including support for role development and career pathing
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
The TPM Director reports to the Sr Director, TPM for Innovation. You will work closely with Engineering teams, collaborate with cross-functional partners (e.g., other TPMs, Business leads, Domain leads, HR/Finance), and facilitating decision-making across priorities with Portfolio Management.
WHAT YOU BRING
You are skilled in product management and analytics, apply structured data analysis to tackle problems, and demonstrate interpersonal expertise. You are adept at conducting user research, usability testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, and analytics. You are a skilled communicator with experience forming alliances and bringing together multiple collaborators to complete a common mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- 8+ years of product management experience
- Strong Analytical and Data Visualization Skills
- Great business sense and communication skills
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong meeting and work session facilitation skills
- Strong project planning and organizational skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Validated ability to adapt to new technologies and tools, changing needs, processes, and ambiguity
- Solid understanding of Design Thinking Concepts and Design Leadership
- Solid understanding of Value-Driven Frameworks
- Strategic quantitative and or qualitative analysis in a cross-functional enterprise environment in the tech industry to support and improve business operations involving program, process, or product management
- Day to day project communication management and contributing to Sr. executive management reports and business presentations
- Strategic management consulting, financial analysis, sales/business development, technology, and P&L management
- Long and short-term product planning report creation, including strategic market analysis, product placement, and financial/business reporting
*Remote Work Option – Open to remote work except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado, this position has an annual base salary range of $163,000 - $269,500.
For employees based in NYC and Westchester County, NY, this position has an annual base salary range of $193,500 to $321,000.
Information about benefits can be foundhere.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.