Display And Signage Assistant
Looking for something unique? So are we! Here at Harvey Nichols, we are daring to be different at every step and that's exactly what we are looking for in our future talent. At Harvey Nichols you will be challenged in a supportive and friendly environment whilst inspired to be nothing but the best you can be.
We are seeking a Display and Signage Assistant to be part of our Edinburgh team. This is a fixed term contract until 31st March 2023. The role would be up to 40 hours a week and may involve early morning starts.
What you will be doing:
- To create and implement in store signage under the guidance of Display Manager, such as in-store branding signage, directional signage, logos, window locations, hospitality and beauty promotional posters, events, local creative commercial projects and sale signage.
- To support in the installations for promotional events both in store and externally.
- Ensure the signage department is well organised and has the relevant materials available for use.
- Support the Display function in creating mock ups for display design.
- Understand the need for changing priorities and required work to be finished on time, occasionally continuing outside basic working hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Assisting with the development, production and implementation of display materials for use in the store to create interior displays
- Assisting when required with the installation, dressing and snagging of windows ensuring a high standard of execution and excellent attention to detail.
- Mannequin handling, dressing and styling in line with Designer look books and key trends.
- Ensure a good standard of housekeeping within the Studio and that it is maintained in a safe manner, free of hazards, and that the store Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to at all times
- Proficient in using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, In Design, Photo Shop)
- MAC and PC literate
- Experience in design, signage, graphics with the ability to create and design from a brief.
- Store signage and promotional implementation experience is beneficial
- Experience working within the Display function in window and interior installations is beneficial.
- Drive and energy
- Good organisation skills
- Good Communication skills
- Customer service centric
Our colleagues are as important as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays. This also increases with your service.
- Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
- Eligible for bonus scheme from your first day.
- A Learning and Development programme to support your career with us
- 24/7 access to our employee support helplines including free counselling, financial and legal advice
- Charity day to support your good cause
If this is still sounding like the perfect role for you, we look forward to reviewing your application. Please state clearly on your CV or a covering letter your current salary, notice period, and availability.
We will contact you by email and so please check your junk folder to ensure you do not miss any correspondence.
Please note we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we may be unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.