Distribution Merchandising Control Operations Internship
TJX is an exciting place to work and we count on our Associates to bring our business to life. Staying true to our open, collaborative culture and values of honesty, integrity, and treating each other with dignity and respect is a top priority for us.
Never The Same Day Twice.
Our Merchandising Internship opportunities exist in our Bridgwater, VA Distribution Center. Our approach to Merchandising is unlike any other retailer. From day one and throughout the entire 12-week paid summer internship, you'll experience classroom and on-the-job training that will help you understand how our business works and how Merchandising impacts the bottom line.
Through this internship, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Become a part of a global network of leaders charged with positioning TJX to deliver value to our customer's every day.
- Develop an understanding of Merchandise Control Flow and DC Operations.
- Support merchandise leaders with plans set by Merchandising, Planning, and Allocations Teams.
- Resolve and troubleshoot merchandise issues with Operations, Merchandise Control, and Vendors
- Focus on building leadership competency
- Influence strategic decisions to help improve distribution/merchandise operations.
You'll also have the opportunity to work on a process improvement project and give a final presentation to Distribution executive team members upon the completion of your internship.
Distribution Centers Basics:
It's All About The Merchandise flow.
The TJX Distribution Centers are the hubs of our worldwide logistics operation. Our DC Leadership Teams are comprised of entrepreneurial problem solvers who are responsible for millions of units in inventory, developing creative plans to optimize the flow of merchandise, and above all, engaging and inspiring their teams. Being a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, TJX relies on our Distribution Centers to run efficiently and effectively in order fuel our growing multi-billion-dollar businesses.
We've Got Big Plans For You.
High performing Interns may be offered one of multiple opportunities upon successful completion of their internship experience
Come Discover Different at TJX - we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. We move a lot of inventory - at all times of the day - and that takes working, learning, and growing together. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centers.
As you think about where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
It Just Might Be You.
Ideal candidates will be strong, curious leaders with a keen eye for process optimization and team leadership. At TJX, you will grow your leadership and operational talents and put them to use as part of a collaborative team working towards executing, delivering, and achieving business goals and objectives. We are looking for natural leaders who never stop looking for efficiencies, improvements and new ways to motivate a team.
Specifically, we're looking for:
- Rising Juniors and Seniors currently enrolled in a 4-year degree program
o Fashion / Merchandising / Operations majors preferred but not required
- Strong analytical thinking and complex problem-solving skills
- Proven leadership experience, team collaboration and strong communication skills
- The confidence and flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- An entrepreneurial drive and business acumen
- Ability to have direct, candid, and productive conversations around performance
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule depending on business needs