District Visual Merchandising Specialist, New York, NY
SMCP - Sandro, Maje, Claudie Pierlot
Job: District Visual Merchandising Specialist -NYC Region
Compensation Range: $60,000 - $70,000 based on experience.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for ensuring stores within assigned district consistently meet brand visual standards. It reports in to the Director of Visual Merchandising for SMCP North America.
At SMCP, our ambition is to become the global leader in the accessible luxury space. Our four Brands spread Parisian chic around the world by offering unique products & premium experiences to our customers in 43 countries. Our dreams of dressing the men and women in Paris have now transcended into a global reality across five continents.
SMCP has successfully developed a business model that blends elements of luxury and fast fashion based on the belief that Parisian elegance is only as desirable as it is sustainable and has therefore set ambitious sustainability objectives for 2030 to help preserve our planet.
Visit our Global Company website at https://www.smcp.com/en/ to learn more.
We are currently seeking an experienced and creative District Visual Merchandising Specialist to join our Regional Visual team. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
What You'll Be Doing:
- Routinely visit all s:tores in designated district. In partnership with DM- Communicate, develop and train Managers and Retail Store Employees on SMCP visual standards.
- Maintain a photo library of all window activations, internal photos and accessory destinations for image locations. Ensure library is always up to date.
- Support all visual display campaign (window installations) execution and process in all stores as needed. This includes project coordination with window installation, execution teams, and liaise with Retail Excellence Manager.
- Provide assistance in flagship locations on bi-weekly mannequin changes. Support all other locations via photo review on Yoobic. Ensure there is a strong attention to detail in styling, composition and lighting are correct.
- Partner with District Manager, Store Managers, Selling and Stock Associates to drive top-level execution and promote strong sales results in the District while adhering to the brand VM strategy.
- Partner with corporate store planning team to achieve Retail Excellence and Visual Merchandising operational objectives by working routinely to coordinate merchandising plans, action plans, and small fixture updates.
- Assist with additional on-going projects such as seminars, conferences, new store openings, renovations, pop-ups, special window installations, etc.
- Maintain awareness of store VM product inventories, manage VM orders and maintenance opportunities for District.
- Schedule and conduct regular VM store audits with the partnership of the District Manager.
- Prepare materials and contribute on District Conference Calls.
- Help the store team to grow their visual expertise and improve the overall Retail Excellence and in-store experience. Identify areas of opportunity and partner with DM to create an action plan and a training initiative.
- Partner with DM regarding store opportunities and business reviews to ensure consistent Retail Excellence in the District.
- Expectation is that all Retail Excellence Specialists will have 1 ‘office’ day per week and be in the field helping support and conducting store visits 4 days/week.
- Provide Yoobic feedback for all stores in the District for each Yoobic mission.
- Manage District Wardrobe Orders and monthly maintenance.
- Education/Experience: 2-4 years’ of visual merchandising experience, preferably with an affordable luxury brandPrior Field Visual Merchandising experience required.Solid business acumen and analytical skills.Solid experience in visual merchandising, including window displays, signs, interior displays, and space utilization.Ability to quickly learn SMCP standards, procedures, IT applicationsProficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus.Knowledge of current visual merchandising trends and best practices.Good administrative skills.Demonstrated ability to analyze business results and can develop appropriate visual solutions to drive positive results.Available to work flexible hours, as needed, including early mornings, over-nights, evenings, weekends and during Holiday Blackout periods.Able to travel using various forms of transportation such as: airplanes, trains and buses.Able to stand for extended periods of time.Comfortable with heights and climbing ladders.Able to safely lift boxes up to 50 pounds.Ability to travel independently (75% travel)
- Special Skills: Foreign Languages, a plus (Especially French)
- Personal Characteristics: Passionate entrepreneur & strategic thinker.Must be extremely hands on.Strong interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written).Must be detail oriented, organized and flexible.Must have strong time management and multi-tasking skills and be able to work well under pressureAbility to work well with others as well as the ability to work independently to complete a task.Strong execution skills.Flexible and able to adapt to change within an evolving group.
- Fun/collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- Career growth opportunities for advancement
- Competitive Compensation Structure
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- HSA + FSA Accounts
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short + Long Term Disability
- EAP- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement Saving with Company Match
- Clothing allowance - $1500 per season!
- Generous shopping discount - 50% off retail