Divisional Merchandise Manager- Accessories
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 180 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,450 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
The Divisional Merchandise Manager for Accessories will drive the overall merchandising and buying strategy for the Accessory business for Skechers. This position requires strong leadership skills, is responsible for assortment planning and merchandising strategies to ensure sales and profitability targets are met while building the brand image for Skechers. The DMM responsibility includes developing, growing, and buying new categories for the Queue line categories as a fast-paced growth business. This position requires collaboration with planning and allocations decisions.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS-
- Responsible for developing and executing a profitable merchandise strategy, for the Accessories division in concert with the company operational merchandise strategy while continuing to evolve the brand.
- Set strategies to support merchandising plans for Big Box, Outlet, and Concept stores.
- Partner with the Planning and Allocation team within the division to ensure the overall strategy is executed at store level to planned merchandise objectives.
- Develop a strong merchandise standard in terms of sales, product knowledge and inventory management through consistent execution of merchandising strategy.
- Foster a collaborative working relationship with the Planning and Allocation teams to ensure positive sales and profitable outcome.
- Responsible for leading the category review and planning process utilizing cross functional resources and multiple data resources to achieve optimum sales performance.
- Work collaboratively with the Visual Merchandising team to translate the accessories assortment plan into a compelling visual presentation for the store team to execute that will engage customers and generate sales.
- Partner with Retail Operations to understand the store’s regional and geographical needs to achieve a strong localized merchandise approach.
- Be able to communicate at all levels, having the ability to understand how to communicate initiatives or strategies at different levels of the organization.
- Ability to Analyze sales and on order data and create an actionable strategy impact the business results.
- Understand the Skechers consumer and tailor product offering, sizing, and pricing strategies that appeal to our customer.
- Be current on competitor’s product offering, pricing, and marketing and how the Skechers assortment compares.
- Travel required 20%-30% of the time.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
- A sense of urgency is a must.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Strong aptitude with numbers and clear understanding of retail math.
- Understand how to influence others for desired outcomes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE-
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing a buying team, including hiring, development, and motivating subordinates.
- 6-8 years of retail apparel experience covering a range of experience from allocation, planning, buying, merchandising
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office programs, specifically Excel and Word.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives, which align with business goals and objectives.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pay range for this position is $150,000-$175,000/ year.
- Paid Parental Leave: including time for fathers and adopting parents.
- Short term & long-term disability and life insurance at no cost to the employee.
- Extensive medical, dental, and vision plans with multiple carries, including EPO, HPN and PPO plans.
- Competitive 401k plan and employer matching.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Savings Account (FSA) offerings.
- Paid vacation, sick, personal and holiday time.
- Pet Insurance available.
- Onsite wellness programs at company headquarters including fitness classes, acupuncture, and chiropractor.
- Employee stock purchase program
- Employee product discount of 50%; employee sample sales and family and friends discount throughout the year.
- Skechers Company Culture and growth strategy is deeply infuse