Divisional Merchandise Manager - Brylane Home
FULLBEAUTY Brands™is the premier fashion and lifestyle destination for the plus size customer. We are an online and catalog marketplace offering a curated collection of the finest family of plus size brands and thousands of products.
The VP, DMM at the Brylane Home Brand will be responsible for directing the brand merchandising function to accomplish the strategic goals. Our proprietary products are designed in our New York City office and our brands are well recognized for crafting garments of exceptional comfort and fit. Our products are sourced globally though our extensive network of factories enabling us to provide strong price points and value to our customers.
- Direct the merchandising strategy for the brand to achieve sale, margin and profitability plans.
- Oversee the development of key items and leverage the market to ensure the right product mix that focuses on quality and value to excite the customer while meeting margin objectives.
- Directs the development of new products to meet the needs of the brand customer and to maximize sale goals.
- Ownership of business at both strategic and tactical levels by developing and presenting brand strategies to the executive leadership while working in conjunction with the Product Managers, Creative and Design to deliver brand-specific aesthetics.
- Drive strong partnerships with Creative, Global Sourcing, E-commerce, Planning/Inventory Management, Marketing and Technical Design team to ensure the successful implementation and execution of merchandising and brand strategies.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and development through shopping the market, industry contacts and publications. Generate new product ideas.
- Establish short- and long-range objectives in support of the merchandising strategy.
- Be aware of trends and “Best Practice” competition in order to target product and classification business opportunities.
- Generate ideas in all areas: layouts, pricing, creative presentation, branding, new fashion trends, copy, headlines, openers, covers, back covers, web promotions.
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching and training to develop a high performing team; train and develop Product Managers to be expert in their categories.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection and development of a merchandising staff capable of fulfilling the brand’s goals and objectives.
- A proven track record in leading merchandising team within a branded retail business of significant volume and scale. Prior experience within both print and digital merchandising is preferred.
- Results-oriented, high-energy leadership, with the vision and management skills required to direct and motivate a team. Deep understanding of how to drive business and influence others.
- Strong analytical, organizational, creative and communication skills; ability to translate great merchandise content into bottom line profit.
- Must be tactical and strategic, understand how to immediately jump in and take charge.
- Proven history of producing results within a fast-paced environment by driving change and innovation.
- Possess and display an inherent curiosity through being a strategic thinker and utilizing data to develop and drive creativity, merchandising and branding initiatives.
- Aspiration to get promoted to higher levels of responsibility.
- Understand and appreciate the complex elements of merchandising, including the importance of trend, the price value equation and the fit and quality of merchandise.
FULLBEAUTY Brands™is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.