We are recruiting for a Domain Architect to join the team here at Harrods.
As a Domain Architect, you will be responsible for leading and developing the future state of architecture for the Customer and Commerce domains, including the delivery of solution architecture for the Customer and Commerce domains.
About the role
Working closely with the Architecture and Innovation Lead as well as the Business and IT Delivery teams, you will be responsible for building and maintaining a clear view of the IT landscape within the domain. Identifying the drivers for change, you will be able to articulate the need for said change, driving this through clear evidence whilst delivering solution options and high-level solution design.
A proven subject matter expert, you will have awareness of IT best practices as well as existing and emerging technologies. As the Domain Architect you will become the go-to person within IT, sharing your knowledge and understanding of the given domain.
You will be accountable for:
- Identifying architectural debt and risks within the domain and work with the Architecture and Innovation Lead to drive these through to a future landscape and identify their related projects required to deliver the changes.
- Leading and delivering solution architecture for the Customer and Commerce domain for new projects and programmes.
- Ensuring that solutions are being delivered against the documented solution designs and that issues are resolved and design changes captured and documented and that the domain landscape artefacts reflect the changes.
- Having a clear understanding of industry best practices within the given domain.
- Developing and maintaining architectural standards for the given domain.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the retail technology that is used to deliver the customer and commercial activities of a retail business. You will have a background in domain or solution architecture, with experience of architectural frameworks, service orientated architecture and building architectural artefacts.
You will also possess:
- The ability to document and articulate complex architectures at a high level for a given domain
- Developed analytical skills, with the ability to solve complex problems
- A logical, solution based approach
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to negotiate, persuade and influence at all levels
Utilising the above, you will be able to identify changes within a given architecture to deliver business change, architectural simplification or removal of technical debt.
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we'll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire your best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms of our business. g our iconic Knightsbridge store one of the world's most inspiring shopping experiences.
Our promise to you
Help us make the impossible possible for our customers and we'll do something remarkable for you. As well as offering a friendly environment to inspire you best work, we provide abundant opportunities and support to build an exceptional career across the varied specialisms our of business.
At Harrods, we believe the personality and authenticity of our people sets up apart. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes and experiences, and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or follow us on Instagram @togetherharrods.