Drop Ship Manager, Assortment Expansion - Ladies Shoes, Designer Handbags, Fashion Accessories and Designer Ready To Wear
NEIMAN MARCUS GROUP
Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) has been the premier destination for luxury fashion and goods, superior service, and an elevated retail experience for more than a century. Today, 9,000 associates contribute to the success of NMG’s brands: Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Last Call, and Horchow. There are 38 full-line Neiman Marcus stores in cosmopolitan markets across the United States and a sophisticated digital platform that attracts shoppers worldwide. Bergdorf Goodman operates two stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City and BergdorfGoodman.com, catering to loyal luxury customers globally. NMG also owns five Last Call stores and Horchow.com, an e-commerce site that offers premium furniture and home decor.
As an organization, NMG is on a transformational journey to become the preeminent luxury customer platform. NMG continues to deliver the best integrated customer experience and has evolved the business to succeed in the ever-changing retail landscape. NMG is a relationship business. What differentiates the organization from other luxury retailers are its unique assets: a strong store footprint, the most knowledgeable associates, an engaging online experience, solid brand partnerships, innovative digital and in-store experiences, the most loyal luxury customer base, and a strong balance sheet.
Our customers will always be at the center of everything NMG does. The company continues to reinvest in new technologies that enhance the customer experience. NMG meets customers where they are. NMG’s goal is to offer customers a seamless experience across its stores, online, and remote digital selling.
NMG’s priority is to develop a highly engaged and high-performing team where everyone belongs. The business attracts and retains best-in-class talent through unique offerings provided to associates in addition to standard employer benefits. These include an innovative way of working, associate discounts on merchandise, tuition reimbursement, associate hardship fund, and paid time off to volunteer, to name a few.
As part of NMG’s Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) work, the organization is focused on driving its core value of being “All Heart.” NMG is also assessing its current environmental and social impact while developing a three-year plan to lead the luxury industry in its commitment and transparency to environmental and social sustainability. NMG strives to become an employer of choice, driven by a culture of Belonging. A dedicated team focuses on this journey, directly impacting how NMG conducts business throughout the workforce, workplace, and marketplace dimensions.
NMG has incredibly passionate and committed corporate and store associates. NMG offers associates an environment where everyone feels welcomed, nurtured, and empowered. Our associates are the heart of NMG. As an organization, NMG leads with love – love for customers, love for associates, and love for brand partners.
The Dropship Assortment Expansion Manager serves as one of the business owners of the initiative to significantly increase the depth and breadth of our online assortment across all our online properties: NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com, and Horchow.com. They work closely with their DMM, division buyers, brand partners, and internal operations teams to both increase the availability of merchandise through the existing designer matrix, as well as identifying new categories, price points and designers. In addition, Assortment Expansion Managers will monitor drop-ship assortment productivity and manage exit strategies for unsuccessful products. Assortment Expansion Managers will foster relationships with brand partners, as well as support division buyers' relationships with drop ship vendors. Must have extensive experience in understanding consumer needs and the retail environment. In addition, have a commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles
- Partners with division or pyramid leadership to develop Drop Ship strategies that optimize category assortments
- Partners with Assortment Expansion Coordinators to identify product opportunities within current brand matrix and / or additional brand product opportunities that are current / relevant
- Assume responsibility of Drop Ship budget development and category revenue
- Champion Drop Ship Expansion within merchant division for current brand partner matrix as it relates to improved availability of sizes & colors
- Serves as key partner in product and contract negotiations with Drop Ship brand partners within division / pyramid
- Assist in developing and maintaining Drop Ship brand partnerships
- Monitors health of Drop Ship business within division / pyramid to enable in season reactions
- Develops close working partnerships with Merchandising Leadership team, Planning / Operations teams, and eCommerce teams to drive business objectives
- Define and execute on tactics to onboard and manage product attributes that deliver optimal shopping experiences to the Neiman Marcus customer
- Attends key markets to identify opportunities that will support identified assortment expansion opportunities
- Partners with store teams to train on Drop Ship order placement and best practices
- Communicate with store teams and search team
- 3+ years of retail experience as a Category Manager, Planner, Assistant Buyer, Department Manager or similar positions
- Solid knowledge of category management, marketing and merchandising principles
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong leadership, management, customer service and organization skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Flexible and able to perform in a fast paced, changing environment
- Understanding of concepts related to market buy activities, purchase order management, vendor relationships, item set up and attributes
- Functional/Technical skills
- Process Management
- Self-motivated and action/results oriented
- Managing and measuring work
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimal travel required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.