DTC Merchandise Planner
You’re an experienced Merchandise Planner who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. You drive the sales plan through consistent focus on studying the business, monitoring inventory and sales performance, and bringing in new products based on the predicted needs of the customer. Planning a profitable and productive story with collaboration from cross-functional partners is your sweet spot. You enjoy building sound business and financial plans as well as developing and communicating strategy that aligns with future opportunities. You know that your decisions will directly affect sales, margin, inventory, profit, and other metrics, so you’ve developed an eye for product trends and can quickly apply these trends to effective financial decision-making. You are responsible for tracking how the existing product is selling and deciding the next steps; this includes developing in-season forecasts and future merchandise plans for a given product category.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
- Create and maintain bottoms-up seasonal assortment plans and category sales plans ensuring that forecasts align with the top line plans, seasonal marketing campaigns, and merchandising strategies for both Ecom and Retail Stores for a set of categories that account for <15% of total revenue.
- Partner with Allocations to ensure the product delivery schedule aligns with the merchandising strategies based on global launch dates, seasonality, trends, and storage capacity.
- Proactively analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities; compare sales data of the planned category to company sales and communicate major deviations and action plans relevant stakeholders on a weekly basis.
- Project sales in-season and track open-to-buy purchase budgets on core items and major initiatives, recommending orders, increasing/decreasing inventory, and/or canceling orders.
- Perform post-season analysis to drive decisions about future buys.
- Managing the product lifecycle including new item planning, pricing management, markdown selection, execution, and analysis, in conjunction with retail and wholesale businesses
- Collaborate on continual development and improvement of planning tools and processes
YOUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals - INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS. They define who we are and how we get the job done. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualities:
- 2-3 years of Retail / EComm planning experience. Omni-channel experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of retail math and financial measurements.
- Innovative problem-solving and analytical skills with acute attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with peers to ensure accuracy of the information and share best practices.
- Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic, and approachable.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels; ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation styles to multiple audiences.
- Advanced Excel skills required, including vlookups & pivot tables
- Experience with Microsoft D365 and Power BI is a plus
- Domestic/International travel: 0%
- Ability to work at a standard computer set up 40+ hours per week, with or without accommodations.
- Connection with our Brand, The Stuff that Sets Us Apart, and our Fundamental Qualities.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the brand-free pair of Docs
- 65% off all Docs
- 1:00 PM Friday finish in the summertime
- Amazing Portland-based office & rooftop
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Affordable & Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision packages
- Our Employee Assistance Program – for when times might get tough
- 401(k) Pre-Tax and Roth Retirement Savings Plans
- DM Foundation, supporting and empowering our communities around the world
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now!
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Want to know more about working at Dr. Martens? Clickhere!