E-Commerce Merchandise Manager
As the Ecommerce Merchandising Manager, you’ll lead the Ecommerce merchandising team in owning the strategy and day-to-day execution of all merchandising activities for Smartwool.com. Together with the Head of US Ecommerce, you’ll be responsible for the overall sales and profitability of the website, helping forecast category sales performance goals and manage the business to our sales plan. Finally, you’ll lead the Ecommerce team in bringing to life our company go-to-market strategy on Smartwool.com, tailoring it to the unique needs and opportunities of our direct-to-consumer channel.
Join the Smartwool Family
We make Merino wool socks and apparel to fuel adventures outside. Because we want to help you go far and feel good. As a company, we live by our values, every day: Openness We strive to be more transparent every day. From sharing more about our supply chain to simply letting people know the direction we plan on heading; we want to build and maintain trust with our customers and friends. Advocacy We believe in doing everything we can to sustain and preserve our one-of-a-kind, awe-inspiring environment. From building trails to partnering with organizations that protect nature, the Smartwool community wants to help give everyone the opportunity to experience the joy of the outdoors. Action We relentlessly pursue our goals. It’s one thing to say something and it’s another to do the thing you say. We want to back our desires with actions that put things in motion. We know that the most difficult problems are always the most rewarding to solve. Inclusivity We believe that the outdoors belongs to no one and, at the same time, to everyone. We believe in being compassionate, actively kind, generous, and accountable to everyone. What’s the good of creating all of this if we can’t share it? Fun-Loving We got into this whole thing (socks, base layers, etc.) because it’s fun to be outside. We hope to never lose sight of the thing that inspired us to create all of this—the joy of being in wild places. We want our gear and culture to inspire joyful, spontaneous, and wild moments in the outdoors for everyone, including ourselves.
Ecommerce Merchandising Manager
Unless prohibited by applicable law, please note it is a condition of your employment to abide by Company policy, including VF's COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement Policy. In accordance with the policy, absent need for reasonable medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law, all eligible associates must present proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment. A copy of the policy and state specific addendum is attached for your reference.
How You Will Make a Difference
Specific responsibilities include:
- Onsite Merchandising Strategy and Execution:
- Own all processes related to product lifecycle management, including product launches, category optimization, onsite content management, and end of life management
- Own product content strategy, ensuring consumers have all necessary information and buyer tools needed to confidently purchase from Smartwool.com
- Support the catalog load process, including trouble-shooting any issues with the Digital Technology Team as needed
- Lead the promotional strategy, as well as manage promotion setup and testing
- Serve as the Ecommerce lead and liaison throughout our company-wide go-to-market process, educating and advocating for Ecommerce-specific product and merchandising opportunities for each seasonal launch
- Merchandising Analytics:
- Lead the creation and management of category sales plans which align to the overall Ecommerce sales plans, and recap performance monthly
- Own weekly and monthly reporting, summarizing total business & category performance
- Ad hoc analysis as needed
- Onsite Experience:
- Own relationships with some of our key 3rd party onsite vendors, and collaborate to drive meaningful enhancements/improvements
- Partner with the Onsite Optimization Manager to drive SEO optimization across the site
- Surface data-driven merchandising insights to inform marketing and creative so that we feature the right stories and products in our marketing and onsite creative
- Consult with wider eCommerce team on all other onsite optimization workstreams around site search and navigation, A/B testing roadmaps, etc
- Inventory Management:
- Partner with the demand planning team to review the demand forecast monthly and make necessary updates based on performance
- Work with the inventory analyst to manage and optimize our inventory position, identifying areas to expedite and/or transfer inventory as needed
What success looks like:Success in this role means, first and foremost, that you’re able to lead a merchandising team which drives onsite execution and an optimal user experience. You’re able to form a strategy and create a prioritized roadmap which ties back to our overarching Ecommerce strategy and lead your team in executing against that roadmap to enable a seamless customer shopping experience. Lastly, as a senior team member, you’re also expected to contribute to the strategy and management of the overall US Ecommerce business.
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness, and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
- 4+ years’ experience in an onsite merchandising or eCommerce category management role in the consumer goods space; apparel and/or outdoors industry experience a plus
- Experience working within a CMS, as well as managing product content, SKU creation, and site catalog structure/categorization
- Data-driven, and well-versed in weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc merchandising reporting
- Expert user in Excel, and comfortable creating reporting templates & processes from scratch
- Strong understanding of Ecommerce site merchandising best practices, including the ability to bring innovative and fresh ideas to optimize the business
- Super-communicator: You can write clearly, create and deliver coherent PowerPoint presentations, and present in front of large groups. You’re also capable of tailoring your message depending on the audience
- High business acumen. You understand how your work ties back to business results, and are capable of prioritizing your efforts based on their relative business value
- 1-2 years’ experience as a people-manager a plus
VF Guiding Principles: Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Persevere.
What’s In It for You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on “Looking to Join VF?” to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. It’s a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com.
We just have one question. Are you in?