East Coast Field Merchandiser
The AG visual merchandiser is responsible for positively impacting business at retail for a given territory of wholesale department stores. The visual merchandiser works in conjunction with AG account executives and acts as a liaison between AG and their assigned accounts.
- Visual merchandisers are responsible for facilitating branch stores sales growth and profitability.
- Utilize the department store selling report platforms to track and analyze the business in various ways including by door and style selling. Being in the know of the door rankings and trend by account by door and suggesting ways to further drive business.
- Roadmaps to #1- establish a game plan for increasing rank within the department, within the company chain with the goal of being the #1 brand.
- Identifying opportunities within each of our divisions as well as what voids/niches AG can fill in the marketplace. Look into regional opportunities to customize assortments where possible.
- Take on hand counts of replenishment styles where fill in is needed and/or model stocks need to be adjusted. Communicate counts to the corresponding planner by account and AG rep.
- Evaluate the location of AG within each wholesale door and partner with store management to gain the optimal space.
- Ensure AG is merchandised well to provide a strong visual presentation with regards to high standards; Strive for AG to be in the premiere space within departments and stores.
- Ensure product is represented on the selling floor; Ensure AG is featured on visuals/mannequins. Confirm AG is featured in trend statements.
- Highlight ad styles on mannequins and merchandise in focal locations.
- Work closely with the Sales Team on launch plans for company big ideas of the season including outposts, focused merchandising, seminars and contests.
- Establish and build strong relationships with in-store management is necessary.
- Provide on-going product knowledge in the way of seminars, collateral, events and creative ways to excite the sales associates and in turn, the customer. Utilize technology to hold virtual seminars. Additionally narrate presentations to launch company big ideas, seasonal assortments, new fits, product knowledge overall and contests.
- Create One Pagers to support the launch of company big ideas, seasonal product, new fits and fabrics and contests.
- Provide competitive feedback.
- In select markets, lead seasonal field walks with Merchandising, Design and Sales for an in person view of the retail landscape.
- Provide recaps pre-Market for sales team to refer to.
- Scan retailer websites to ensure the AG information is correct and call out inconsistencies.
- Product try on’s when necessary to evaluate AG on body including Core, Seasonal styles, New Fits, and New Fabrications. Competitor product try ons when necessary.
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+
- Retail Experience required
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Some/select weekend days are required during peak seasons/event time periods