Ecomm Assistant Buyer
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we're as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we're proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: "It's perfect. Now make it better." As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The eCommerce team powers our US and Canada Columbia.com sites as well as our Customer Care Center. From merchandising and marketing to product management and technology, the consumer is at the center of everything we do. And the eCommerce team is known for the relentless improvement of the customer experience- always striving for a better, faster, easier online shopping experience.
We're looking for an Assistant Buyer to help with the selection and evaluation of Footwear and Accessories on our US and Canada websites. This person will assist with all facets of buying including product assortment, marketing, in-season pricing, and inventory management. This is a highly collaborative role that partners with Global Product Merchants, Marketing, and other teams to drive online sales in the respective category.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Increase efficiency and accuracy of all buying activities, especially Pricing, Inventory Management, Reporting, and Analysis Responsibility.
- Develop best practices for weekly/monthly/ad hoc reporting, creative review, and communication across the organization.
- Support the seasonal buying process by attending sales meeting and prepping go-to-market presentations.
- Act as the primary contact for website ops, marketing and creative projects.
- A skilled collaborator and communicator
- Analytical and love digging into data
- Creative and design savvy - friends come to you for style advice
- A bachelor's degree in Business or Merchandising or applicable certification and/or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years eCommerce and/or retail experience is preferred.
- Advanced excel stills, experience with reporting tools.
- Familiarity with retail industry and specific metrics used is preferred.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.