Ecommerce Associate Buyer, Hybrid
the possibilities of our progressive, omnichannel approach to beauty retail. At Ulta Beauty, our E-commerce associates sit at the cutting edge of our efforts to reimagine the future of retail. Through a full suite of new and emerging technologies, this team is creating an enhanced buying experience for guests who crave simplicity, choice, personal insights and the joy of discovery. With greater interactivity. Inspired applications of big data, AI and UI/UX. And creative that persuades and delights. All of this, with the opportunity to experiencesmart ideas come to life
At Ulta Beauty, we’re forever imagining. Forever striving. Forever investing in next-gen—with deep and rich opportunities for ongoing learning, growth and advancement. We encourage you to take control of your career and set your own ceiling. For curious and big-picture thinkers who can flex to the need and who want to stretch themselves through courage and conviction, Ulta Beauty provides an environment perfectly suited to your ambitions. Let’s build brilliant together.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:The Associate Buyer eCommerce will assist in the delivery of department strategies to maximize sales and margin to achieve yearly sales and profitability objectives. This person must have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and demonstrate strong attention to detailed execution.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business Area Strategy: Understands and partners in execution of the business area strategy to provide strategic and tactical execution of eCommerce merchandising initiatives and responsibilities.
- Assortment planning: Serve as ULTA.com contact with internal merchandising team to develop optimum online assortments for each category. Analyze corporate product additions weekly and work with content management team for scheduling of assortment additions and deletions. Identify and execute opportunities to create online only assortment and marketing initiatives. Utilize e-commerce and ERP business analysis tools to track, trend, and plan assortments for assigned lines of business.
- Financial Plans: Assists in the execution of the financial plans including sales and margin through planning and merchandising product on Ulta.com; uses appropriate operational execution and business analysis to ensure objectives are attained.
- Sales forecasting and inventory monitoring: Partner with inventory management and merchandising teams for required forecasting of e-commerce sales based on business analysis, trends, and anticipated growth. Ensure that appropriate inventory is allocated to support forecasted sales for products in assortment. Monitor and manage product out-of-stock rates with inventory management, merchandising, and vendor partners as needed
- Marketing: Execute marketing plans that set pricing and product cadence to optimize profitable sales and support the corporate marketing strategy. Work with marketing teams for corporate product promotion execution, including print marketing inclusion/expansion of online marketing messaging
- Website Execution: work with new and existing brands and merchants to facilitate required online merchandising presentations including product asset availability (i.e., images, copy) for content management team. Coordinate with marketing team to ensure that merchandising of website coordinates with print and online marketing channels
- Reporting: coordinate overall management of weekly and ad-hoc reporting for internal partners and external vendors for sales and website metrics for all business lines.
- Collaboration: Develop and maintain internal and external relationships, including Distribution Centers, Marketing, Operations, Planning & Allocation, and vendor partners.
- Values: Exemplifies Ulta Beauty's core values within role. Ulta Values are quality and timely decision making, continuous improvement, collaboration, accountability, coaching and developing, planning and prioritizing, communication.
- Continuous Improvement: Complete on-going training and development courses supported by the HR Training Team or the Merchandise Operations Training Team.
- Vendor management: Partner with internal store merchandising team and vendor brand community to maximize sales and profitability opportunities for assigned lines of business. Work with vendor partners to develop and execute assortments, microsite/brand stores, and online marketing promotional planning.
- Negotiation: Negotiate vendor terms, item costs, exclusivity, newness or exits to support the financial plans and strategy.
- Trend: Proactively assess and monitor the competitive landscape and marketplace to determine potential opportunities or threats.
- Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
- Years of Related Experience: 2-3 yrs. experience must include merchandising and/or MP&I experience
- Experience with and understanding of website content management systems (CMS) a plus
- Prior experience and working knowledge of strategy and execution of merchandising initiatives in an e-commerce business merchandising application desired
- Skills: Strong organizational skills required. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of SAP and SAP Hana a plus. Creative problem solver. Professionalism and confidentiality required. Passion for the business. High energy innovation leader. Strong financial aptitude and analytical ability. Capability to lead brand meetings and presentations. Partner with cross-functional teams in marketing and store merchandising.
- Working Conditions: Some travel required.
(NASDAQ: ULTA),the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.