At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
Your JobThe eCommerce Merchandiser is responsible for helping to grow our digital business by driving and executing all product campaigns on BR.com Canada and other key marketplaces such as Fast Track, Amazon, Ebay, Facebook & Instagram. You will manage the product lifecycle and will report out to teams on key metrics such as inventory healthand sell through, trends so channels may react and optimize appropriately. This person will manage the day-to-day of promotions and assortments, collaborating closely with our Runner Experience Team, Distribution Center, and digital marketing teams. You will use trends and competitive research to inform on new ways to bring Brooks’ products to life through smart merchandising techniques, curated collection offerings, or new functionality.
The eCommerce Merchandiser will bring product benefits to life by briefing in homepage, collection pages, and landing pages that illustrate the “why” to the runner, ultimately driving runner comprehension and conversion. You should have a passion for data and storytelling – using the combination of these skillsets to bring our product to life online through optimized and personalized journeys.
- Responsible for the digital presentation of product and execution of seasonal go-to-market plans.
- Support and contribute to the merchandising calendar for Tier 2 and Tier 3 product stories, including briefing in marketing content such as landing pages, collections, and homepage.
- Relentlessly pursue new and creative opportunities to drive sell-through and cross-category purchases through optimizations to product content and collections. Bring new ideas on stories to tell, technology to surface, and other opportunities to connect with the Brooks runner.
- Bring new ideas for outfitting, promotions, and recommenders in order to encourage increased units per order and average order value.
- Develop new ways to personalize our product experience via sorting rules, recommendations, search, etc. for a frictionless online journey.
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to ensure accurate and optimal placement and marketing of products within categories, navigation, and recommenders.
- Use industry insights, channel marketing plans, and Brooks integrated marketing calendar to develop seasonal curated collections that inspire runners.
- Partner closely with the Content Strategy team to execute against the editorial calendar and build campaign-oriented content.
- Partner with Digital Products team on bringing new runner-first merchandising functionality to our site.
- Showcase product by utilizing merchandising tools such as onsite search, product recommendations, sort, collections, etc.
- Be the BR.com Canada and various marketplaces product expert and “go-to” for product or collection related questions.
- Report on product insights based on customer behavior, sell through and market trends. Use these insights to drive merchandising decisions for future seasons.
- Use sell-through, inventory, conversion, and other data to inform merchandising decisions.
- Monitor merchandising performance and leverage AB testing to move the needle against KPIs.
- Implement and maintain site promotions, optimizing regularly towards eCommerce KPIs.
- Collaborate with the Creative team to secure assets for eCommerce campaigns and product launches.
- Perform QA/maintenance of BR.com Canada and various partner sites to ensure all product-related information is accurate.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or similar required.
- 1+ years experience working within Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) required.
- 2+ years of experience executing online customer experiences.
- Experience in apparel and/or footwear ecommerce required.
- Ability to efficiently analyze data and tell its story to stakeholders
- Curious mindset with a bias towards action to move ideas into reality.
- Is creative and brings new ideas for how we can stretch current functionality and stories to drive conversion and increased units per order
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks.
- Is a problem solver. Proactively seeks creative solutions to achieve better runner experience on Brooksrunning.com
- Data oriented. Uses quantitative data, hierarchical understanding, and causal thinking to find answers.
- Experience with JIRA, Smartsheet, and other project management tools preferred
- Extremely proficient in core Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
- Aptitude for organization, flexibility, and producing results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, copy-writing experience a plus.
- Strong runner focus/ability to anticipate and react to runner needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams to achieve necessary results.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!