Ecommerce Merchandiser, Apparel DTC
Ariat is an innovative, active lifestyle global brand with roots in equestrian performance. We design, develop, and sell high quality footwear and apparel for riders, ranchers, workers, and outdoorsmen who care about performance, quality, comfort, and style.
We are looking for a motivated, collaborative, financially-minded Merchandiser to join the Apparel ecommerce / DTC team to support and drive our aggressive growth goals. In this role, you will position and bring to life the seasonal product lines for the Ariat.com channel, with accountability for business KPI’s.
You will be charged with identifying and executing opportunities in partnership with cross-functional teams in Product, Planning, Marketing, Site Merchandising, UX/CX, Data, and more.
We are a relatively new team with a dynamic business, which means change is a way of life and flexibility is a rule, so you will need to be comfortable operating in an environment with some ambiguity.
This role will report to the Director of Apparel Merchandising: ecommerce | stores | international
Manage pre-season assortment planning for designated product area => 60%
- Recap and share business insights with Product Managers and cross-functional partners
- Recommend growth opportunities and Grow/Maintain/Decline guidance at the Category level
- Directly partner with Planning on financial targets and strategic direction
- Collaborate with store team to understand and support cross-channel DTC opportunities
- Support and recommend promotions / marketing stories
- Planning support at the style level
- Assortment editing
- Style ranking
- Comp style advising
- Sort and selects lists for Marketing
Collaborate with Marketing and Site Merchandising / Operations to transition pre-season plans to in-season execution => 25%
- Review stories and promotions for purpose and priorities
- Layer in current information to help with optimization (new trends, product or marketing shifts due to timing / inventory / etc.)
- Discuss learnings around optimization to inform upcoming cycles (marketing, launch, assortment planning…)
- Drive recommendations for product-driven special site experience frameworks (e.g. special collections, technology stories, etc.)
Stand-alone seasonal projects => 15%
- Shot lists
- New launch plans
- Site / CX improvement work
- Styling notes (for studio)
- Process review & improvements
*Please note, while there may be isolated exceptions, this is not a product development merchandising role.
- 3-5 years in an HQ Merchandising / Buying role (eCommerce / digital experience preferred, but not required)
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on translating sales data into business trend / opportunity
- Fluid and flexible mindset, comfortable iterating and pivoting with new information
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to build consensus
- Strong interpersonal, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, well-organized & proactive
- Able to effectively balance creative and operational needs, and deliver on deadline
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Self-motivated, resourceful with a creative mindset
- BA or BS required
- Ability to perform work onsite in our Union City office full-time pending state, local, and Company return-to-work guidance during and after the COVID-19 pandemic