Ecommerce Technical Architect
Frasers Group are currently looking for an Ecommerce Technical Architect to join our growing team. IT at Frasers Group is delivered by the in-house team who are passionate about what they do and are not dependent on outsourced organisations to deliver the core systems. We present an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about technology and wants to deliver the absolute best that they can and keep innovation at the forefront. There is a wealth of opportunity for training as well as on the job learning. We have a £5,000 per head annual training budget within IT, as well as bonus schemes including our Frasers Champion where 8 peer nominated winners earn double their monthly salary for their outstanding performance
This role is available on a remote basis, with occasional presence at our London, Shirebrook, Manchester or Basingstoke Head Office.
Our mission is to provide innovative and reliable websites, mobile applications, and platform tools that enable best-in-class Digital Marketing, Trading, UX, Payments, and Fulfilment. Our platforms run over 50 websites - including some of the biggest names in Retail such as Sports Direct and House of Fraser.
You will be architecting and implementing systems for a large complex organization, using different design patterns and styles in an environment that changes rapidly. You will design, develop and test fast, scalable, and architecturally robust solutions, whilst working on the end to end product lifecycle.
An opportunity like this at Frasers is for the fearless. The potential is massive, the experience unrivalled. To be able to make the most of it you need to live and breathe our principles:
- Think without limits and take the team with you
- Own it and back yourself
- Don't hesitate and act with purpose
- Be commercial and customer-focused.
- 5+ years experience in a senior architecture role
- Able to communicate technical recommendations in business terms, bridging the gap between business stakeholders and tech teams
- Pragmatic, delivery focused attitude
- Strong understanding of AWS (preferred), Azure or GCP
- Hosting large scale web applications in a local data centre
- Able to provide mentoring and technical guidance, encouraging a culture of learning and knowledge sharing
- Solid understanding of design patterns