Ecommerce Visual Merchandiser
Clarks Americas is seeking an Online Visual Merchandiser to support a fast-growing channel within the organization. The Merchandiser will coordinate online merchandising activities for ClarksUSA.com, ClarksCanada.com and eBay. Additionally, this role will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following: product catalogue management, online administrative tasks and promotional management.
What You'll Do:
1. Support online merchandising catalogue set up process, product categorization and product cross-sell and strategy.
2. Work collaboratively with the performance marketing and merchandising teams to ensure appropriate marketing/product banners and content display is planned to maximize promotional plans.
3. Analyze the customer path to purchase and recommend and implement changes that enhance the experience and increase online conversion.
4. Maintain and report on advanced on-site search to deliver expected result, optimize experience and continually research and recommend new opportunities in the digital space.
5. Responsible for executing support functions within the eCommerce platform, including but not limited to promotion set up, catalogue maintenance, gallery creation, site development, testing/validation
6. Drive conversion and sales by ensuring latest product is showcased effectively on site and sales patterns shared with genders to influence future buy quantities.
7. Review and analyze online competitor site merchandising, promotional execution and tactics, user experience, and product representation.
8. Provide support to the development of additional marketplaces and a new website platform in the future.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Merchandising or related area
- Experience in eCommerce is preferred, not required
- Understanding of online trends, tactics and current footwear activity, as it relates to online/in-store
- Experience with 3rd party tools
- Strong knowledge of business admin tool and business processes/operations
- UX/UI or AB testing experience is a plus
- 1-3 years of Retail/eCommerce merchandising experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, self-starter environment
- Proven track record in a merchandising or merchandising function eCommerce platform exposure
- Project coordination experience
- Strong data analytical skills - must be able to assemble and interpret data, create summaries, and deliver business insights
- Ability to collaborate within a team and with cross-functional partners
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Clarks, based in Somerset, England, has been at the forefront of innovative shoemaking since its foundation in 1825, when brothers James and Cyrus Clark made a slipper from sheepskin off-cuts. At the time it was ground-breaking: a combination of invention and craftsmanship that has remained at the heart of what the brand does now. In the Clarks archive of more than 22,000 pairs are shoes that have sparked revolutions and defined generations. From the original Clarks Desert Boot, first designed by Nathan Clark and launched in 1950, to the iconic Wallabee, each design has an instantly recognizable signature that makes it unmistakably Clarks.
This season, we're proud to introduce the Clarks Collective: five incredible activists championing authentic social change. From mental health awareness and LGBTQ+ rights to greater racial equality, these trailblazers are committed to creating a brighter future for us all - bringing to life Clarks' new global campaign, For the World Ahead. Through spotlighting their stories and supporting their chosen charities and initiatives, we're ready to lead the way. After all, we're originators, not imitators. It's who we are, who we've always been. And to change the world of tomorrow, we're doing things differently today.
Clarks International believes that the principle of equality of opportunity is fundamental to the company's operations. Our long held aim is to provide just and fair treatment for all employees. We will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, age, disability, marital status, colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.