Electrical Assistant Designer
Assistant Electrical Designer - Sachs Electric
About the company
Since 1925 Sachs Electric, a division of ArchKey Solutions, has been providing electrical contracting and technology solutions - solving problems for our customers with a critical need. Voted as a2022 Top Workplace, we take great pride in being problem solvers and are built on the idea that solving therightproblems deliver the bestresults.
About the position
In this role you will assist in the development of fully constructible 3D models and detailed construction documents supporting field electricians with challenging electrical installations. Project work ranges from large-scale BIM coordination and design projects to engineered permit documents for design/build efforts. The ideal candidate will have moderate Revit experience with a strong desire to learn electrical design and construction.
Day in the life
- Ensure model content and associated shop drawings are done to ArchKey standards
- Produce constructable 3D model content and detailed electrical construction installation documents with Revit
- Gather and request specific information from other design disciplines necessary to move forward and complete the electrical design on schedule
- Prepare calculations, specifications, cable pull schedules, reports, etc.
- Consult with vendors and review project shop drawings for design accuracy and contract requirements
- Assist project managers as needed to develop engineered construction installation drawings from contract documents developed by outside firms
- Provide technical support to project managers, field personnel, estimators, and customers.
- Develop conceptual designs, sketches, or Value Engineering ideas to assist project managers or estimators in the preparation of an estimate
- Develop a high level of understanding in the installation of electrical systems, the National Electrical Code, and other building codes
- 0-3 years of electrical design experience in power distribution, lighting, and low voltage systems for a variety of industries
- Basic working knowledge of electrical installations and electrical systems
- Proficiency in Revit and Navisworks
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of National Electrical Code and other Building Codes as they relate to design
- Healthcare, heavy industrial, high-rise commercial, and/or data center design experience is a plus
- Experience working with a prefab team and spooling software (Evolve, Sysque, Stratus, etc.) is a plus
- A strong desire to learn coupled with a commitment to being a dependable team player
Occasional travel required.
ArchKey Solutions, and our regional divisions, are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all employment actions, such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, and termination without discrimination based on protected categories named above.