Enterprise Architect, Cloud & Platforms
Customers of the John Lewis Partnership use technology at every step of their shopping journey - increasingly to customise and enhance the shopping experience in an omni-channel environment. This requires a constant evolution of our technology estate, moving to product-led delivery and platforms that balance private and public cloud services to provide greater business agility.
Our Partnership's digital infrastructure needs to expand and evolve to keep up with industry and technological trends - to shift from our data-centre-centric, private-network heritage to an internet-first, IoT-enabled current and future. As part of that we need to manage our transition to cloud hosting Infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) while not losing sight of the need to manage our existing on-premises estate.
The John Lewis Partnership is a truly unique business, one that seeks to make a positive difference to the lives of everyone. Working in Partnership for a happier world; our shared Purpose that guides us in everything we do and inspires three important principles; happier people, happier business, happier world.
What's the role about?
As an Enterprise Architect - Cloud & Infrastructure, you will be responsible for our strategy for the on-premises and cloud platforms across the Partnership, as well as the interconnectivity that enables secure access from trusted and untrusted environments. You will identify the technical capabilities and changes that will enable the Partnership to successfully operate and transform through technology, and work with our outsource partners to turn these plans into reality.
Through technology horizon scanning, you'll bring together the art of the possible with our operational demands to propose technology investments on large, often disruptive, products and programmes, validating that the expected benefits outweigh the expected costs and are clearly aligned to business and technology strategies.
You will lead and influence diverse teams to maximise enterprise value and efficiency whilst maintaining appropriate levels of technology and information risk. This will involve managing senior stakeholders while also having sufficient technical expertise to guide the engineering teams.
What will you be doing?
- Develop strategy that shapes the environments used by digital development, operations and data platform teams to support pan-Partnership Cloud & Infrastructure goals
- Evaluate mitigating technology strategies to address where the level of risk (e.g infrastructure / security / commercial compliance) represented by the Product / Platform technology estate is outside of the Partnership's risk tolerance
- Establish credible roadmaps to drive transformation within Partnership and outsourced environments that maximise business benefit and cost of ownership
- Empower and influence internal and external stakeholders to make technology choices, resolve challenges and deliver outcomes that are in line with the Cloud strategy.
- Partner with Infrastructure service owners, platform teams and other Enterprise Architecture centres of excellence to create a robust plan for delivering cloud architectures with an efficient operating model.
- Relevant experience in public cloud architectures - GCP is our primary vendor for IaaS and PaaS but you will be working across multiple cloud vendors so it is more general cloud experience that is needed.
- Experience in managing roadmaps for on-premises and cloud infrastructure, including networking.
- Proven experience of developing a credible and practical target cloud architecture within the retail and/or services domain, which supports the Business and IT strategy
- Exceptional influencing skills, with the ability to advise and recommend with real credibility at all levels and manage complex stakeholder relationships, whilst being appreciative of current and emerging technologies
- Proven critical analysis and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work collaboratively to develop creative technology strategies for rapidly changing, highly ambiguous challenges and opportunities
- Experience of working with 3rd party partners and software vendors
- Experience in risk assessment, threats and vulnerabilities faced by cloud ecosystems and an understanding of resilience patterns in both on-premise and cloud environments.
- Experience in managing transition of monolithic / legacy applications and on - premise hosting
- Solid understanding of cloud security requirements and familiarity with concepts such as zero-trust architecture.
- The application form consists of a CV upload, followed by application questions. Please visit - https://www.jlpjobs.com/how-to-apply/journey/ to understand more about application and hiring process
- Internal applicants please copy paste this link on to the browser for job outline - https://bit.ly/EA-CnI
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible.